Does an 01 Lariat Screw have a Low Windshield washer light

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does an 01 Lariat Screw have a Low Windshield washer light

For the first time since I own my truck, I ran out of washer fluid yesterday, but noticed that I did not even get a warning light. I don't recall owning a vehicle in the past 10 years that did not have one. Even my 93 2 door Tempo had one. I have a hard time to believe that this truck with all the doodads dosen't have that.

It may be just the bulb, or the sensorm, I failed to check this moring when I started the truck and all the lights come on in the instrument panel, if I could see one.

Anyway, no biggy, just wondering.

dpostman

Old 02-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, you have a low washer fluid level light, I its bright and it will make an audible beep when its low and you try and use the washer....were you on a hill or a level surface when you tried to use your fluid? Or another possibility is that the fluid froze up, or maybe your squirters are clogged. Hope this helps out.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll look into the sensor, this upcomming weekend. I reflled the WW tank and all is well. I use Winter washer fluid that is rated -50C, thats -58 deg F. So freesing wasn't the problem. And I tried using the Fluid at different inclinations (Going up hill, and going downhill, Iwould get a bit, and then none... whatever, anyway I knew that the washer fluid was low, but no warning from the instrument cluster. The Low washer bulb does not even come on when I do a bulb test on the instrument cluster, and no audible sound when I tried to use WW when the tank was empty.

Anyway, Like i said, I'll look for a level sensor this weekend and make sure it is properly connected.

Thanks for the confirmation that there is one.

Dpostman

Quick Reply: Does an 01 Lariat Screw have a Low Windshield washer light