Wipers...again

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipers...again

I wanna start a new wiper thread. I've posted on some of the others but am still having some problems.
To summarize:
2000 EB Expy 2WD 5.4L
Problems were bad intermittent functionality of the wipers and blinker problems.
I originally did the stalk fix mentioned on this site with not good results. I decided to replace the whole MFS, which fixed the blinker problem. The wiper situation is still a problem. It only works correctly, occasionally. Most of the time while in "intermittent" settings, the wipers will stop at the top of the cycle and then go down after a pause consistent with the degree of the intermittent setting on the stalk. Also, when the wipers are on the either of the two constant settings, they will not stop when I back the setting to "off". I have to stop at an "intermittent" and then time it so that the wipers will park at the bottom and not get hung somewhere in the middle of the windshield or at the top.
We have only 4 months left on the warranty period. We have not used it since we bought the truck new and we will get our warranty money back if it is not used. I really do not want to use the warranty, so if someone can help me out, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks
tbird

Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 AM
anyone??

Old 05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
It's been a while (I don't visit often), but I got it fixed. I took it in to the dealership to have it diagnosed -- cost me $37. Turns out, my problem was that BOTH wiper motors were shot...They wanted $500+ to fix it. I ended up just going to get the motors and assembly (for the front) myself. Fixed it in about 2 hours. Now no problems.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:16 AM
How long did it take you to replace your blinker/wiper assembly in your steering column?
I need to replace mine, but reading the manual makes this look like a big deal...removing part of dash panel cover, removing steering wheel, etc... I just did not want to get into a big huge deal.