2001 Headlight Switch Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Headlight Switch Wiring Diagram

Can anyone tell me/ point me in the direction of where I can find a diagram of all the wires going into the back of the headlight switch of a 2001 SCrew with foglights and autolamps??

I want to install a relay that will allow me to turn on the foglights in parking light mode (already tried the foglight mod, but ended up failing on me after a few years) and would like to know what wires to use.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
I just done a mod to be able to switch from running lights to aux Fogs using a switch operated extra relay.
My setup remains a stock operation but with selection of which lights I want on.
I suggest you get a Haynes book and look on page12-24 bottom of page.
You will see the factory relay that operates the Fog/Running lights.
The relay is as stock, operated by a position of the headlite switch.
The color code of TAN/ORANGE is labeled in this book so you can pick it out to use with the aux relay you use.
In my case I was lucky it was right there at the fuse/relay box in the engine bay and not have to dig for it.
Cut this wire and run an extension from the lead that goes into the harness, to the new relay.
You might consider using insulated male/female push togather connectors at that point so you can put it back togather as stock if ever needed.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Bluegrass - Can you clarify for me your setup??

Do you have an extra switch for the foglights??

If not, are you able to run the fogs with parking lights only??

I am going to get a Haynes manual today.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:44 PM
mine did the same thing when i tried the fog light mod.then i tried the other one(to run fog lights with high beams) and now they work with the running lights.you splice a wire from the dark brown wire to the white with black stripe wire and they'll work.reconnect both wires,just run another wire connecting them.

Old 11-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
A. The running lites/fogs now work in the stock manner with the low beams only.
B. The only difference is I can operate either the running or the aux Fogs by operating a switch mounted in the dash fuse panel cover.
C. What the switch does is operate a relay that transfers power between the running lites or the Aux Fogs.
I have no need to run Fogs alone with parking lites or high beams.
Note that it is actually against the law to run any aux (projector type lites) with high beams on.
This is why the factory never offers that kind of operation.
There are already to many people that put aux lites on and never take any time aiming them and blind oncoming drivers.
Now compound that with high beams yet!
The owner has an obligation to not to allow this to happen, same as operating with a known fault.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Let me know if you find a wiring diagram for your '01, I've been looking forever.

Quick Reply: 2001 Headlight Switch Wiring Diagram