Adding Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Foglights

I have a 2002 supercrew and i want to add the foglight kit from ford. Is my truck pre wired for foglights because when i look under the truck i can see a plug on the left and right that is not being used. Could that be for the lights or is that something else

Old 10-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those are teh foglight wire harness's get the switch that has "pull for fogs" and it should all be wired up..I looked at a wire diagram and the wires that were for the fogs are all on the harness (that goes to the headlight switch) but if u dont have the correct headlight switch then that wire harness that includes the foglight wires just doesnt have a prong on it.. but the new one will.. which means that teh foglight wire would be connected and should work..

Old 10-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
From other threads on the topic, the kit from Ford is a complete harness, not one that is added to the existing ( works for a XL as well as a XLT ).

If you have a XLT the wiring is installed, but you would need to replace the switch with one that has the pull for fog option, and add in the battery junction box the relay and fuses for the fog lamps.

If you use the harness that comes with the fog lamp kit, there is a change needed to the instructions.

I'll try to find the thread on this topic, which talks about the change needed to the add on harness.

Quick Reply: Adding Foglights