Wire/plug found dangling from truck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire/plug found dangling from truck!

I just picked up my 2001 F-150 Super Crew last night. This morning, I noticed there was a wire hanging on the ground underneath the engine compartment. The wire has the round, ribbed plastic shroud and terminates in what looks like a standard 3-prong household plug. It also has a plug cover attached with a leash to the cord.

The wire looks like it originates from up near the driver's side front, but I can't see from where.

I just tucked the wire behind a bracket on the bumper to keep it from dragging.

Does anyone know what this goes to? I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow in the daylight.

John

Old 09-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Poss block heater?

Old 09-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Pestco1
Poss block heater?
I agree, it sounds like it may be a block heater plug.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:26 AM
That would make sense since the vehicle came from Alberta.

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a decent repair manual so I have no idea where this would go.

Ahhh, wait....the light is coming on. This gets plugged into an outlet in the garage to keep the block warm at night, right? If that's the case, then I just need to find out how this was properly tucked away in the engine compartment .

Old 09-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Vegas150
That would make sense since the vehicle came from Alberta.

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a decent repair manual so I have no idea where this would go.

Ahhh, wait....the light is coming on. This gets plugged into an outlet in the garage to keep the block warm at night, right? If that's the case, then I just need to find out how this was properly tucked away in the engine compartment .
That would be correct, I can't help you on the correct placement though, I have never had a block heater.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Chances are, it was just zip tied up to something. I bought a used Jeep Grand Cheroke a while back and it had the plug w/ extra wiring bundled up on top of the intake manifold.

I don't believe there IS a proper way to store this other than to keep it out of the belt and off of the exhaust manifolds.

Tony

Quick Reply: Wire/plug found dangling from truck!