Head lights on in "Parking Light" Mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head lights on in "Parking Light" Mode

Just noticed this morning when I turned my parking lights on that my head lights also came on. I have checked all of the fuses and they are good.

I am still having an issue with the passenger side fog light not working, even though it is getting power.

Two notes:

1) I have the factory head light switch with the fog light option

-and-

2) I have done the fog light mod, both cutting the switch to allow use of the fogs in any mode and also splicing the wires behind the switch. I did this a few years ago, so this is not something that occurred right after doing the mod.

I need some ideas on what might be going on here, before I am forced to taking it to the delaer to diagnose the problem.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Did not get any responses the firsat time around, so figured I would bump this up.

Surely someone would have some idea on what to check for this. Could it be a bad headlamp switch?? Could it be a relay under the hood??

Old 09-16-2004, 01:38 PM
LightningCrew,

I just had a problem a week ago - both normal headlight filaments burn up at the same time, leaving me only fogs and highs. Thought maybe the foglight-mod splice had possible shorted something, I took it off. But after taking it off, I couldn't use my fogs like I could at stock. ????. Put the splice mod back on, fogs worked fine.

In short, before taking it to the dealer, I'd buy a new switch (from a junk yard if possible) to completely revert back to stock and check from there. If all works fine there, its either your headlight switch or another component in the light circuit. I think a new/used switch would still be cheaper than $75/hr the dealer will charge.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
That probably is a good place to start. I actually have another switch (I think I kept it) - when I was doing the fog light mod, I dropped my original switch on the floor and cracked the face plate - ended up buying a new one for around $40.

I'll see if I still have it and if so, see if it makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Head lights on in "Parking Light" Mode