Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Airbag Code???

I have an airbag code 19 flashing.....

anyone know what this is??

thanks in advance

todd

Old 04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Has the vehicle been in a crash? Code 19 means the RCM(Restraint Control Module) Crash Data Memory Full. If you run a diagnostic on it, see if it pulls up a DTC B1231(airbags deployed). If the airbags have been deployed, you must replace the RCM. This is on your F150, right? or T-bird? This info is from the service manual for a 99' F-150. Hope this helps!

Old 04-18-2004, 07:24 PM
I have the same code, but the airbags have never been deployed. I wrecked the bumper, but not hard enough to set the AB off. What do I need to do to make this go away?

Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Inspect the RCM mounting bracket for damage.

Is there any damage to the RCM mounting bracket?

Yes
RESTORE sheet metal to its original shape and structural integrity. INSTALL a new RCM and mounting bracket.

No
INSTALL a new RCM.

wonder if its realy that easy. only one test and either way it gets a new RCM.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Where is the RCM located at?

Old 04-23-2004, 01:48 AM
WARNING: To avoid accidental, deployment and possible personal injury, the backup power supply must be depleted before repairing or replacing any front or side air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) components and before servicing, replacing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side air bag sensors, such as doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches.

The side air bag sensors are located at or near the base of the B-pillar.

To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least one minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if equipped).

CAUTION: Electronic modules are sensitive to static electrical charges. If exposed to these charges, damage can result.

its behind the trim panel in under the middle of the dash. that black plasic piece right over the tranny hump. with the floor vent slots cut in it.

Quick Reply: Airbag Code???