Remote Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start Problem

Hi...I just purchased an F150 (my first truck!), a 97 SuperCab with an "Ultra" remote start unit. I've figured out how to lock and unlock the truck w/the remote, but when I try to start it (I assume it's done with the "star" key), the 4-ways flash seven times, then shut off. The dealer was able to remote start it, but I haven't been as successful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2004, 01:45 PM
i dont know about yours, but my wifes auto start starts when you press down both buttons on the two button remote. hope that helps.

Old 03-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, try hitting both buttons for a half second, then wait a few more for it to crank... to drive the truck, don't hit the brake when you get in, insert the key, turn it to the ignition position and then hit the brake - the key should take over and you can go.

Better remote starts have a brake "emergency shutdown" and a hood switch or merc switch to prevent accidents!

Old 03-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, I found manuals online. There were a number of different model numbers, but I suppose they all work along the same line, so I followed the directions and so far, so good!

Quick Reply: Remote Start Problem