D**n orange barrell

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D**n orange barrell

One of those d**n construction orange barrells blew in front of me while I was driven down the interstate at around 65MPH last week. Raleigh, NC was having 40MPH wind gust. I didn't have any time to look and see if the lane next to me was clear so I nailed the brakes, but was unable to stop before I hit it. I hit the barrell so hard I knocked it off the interstate. I went on to my exit about a mile away and went to the gas station to get gas and check to see if there was any damage. My passenger side fog light is busted and looks like it is bent back. The valence is pulled down slightly from the bumper. The black plastic peice on top off the bumper is scrapped up and the paint right below my headlight is going to need to be buffed out. I just installed stock fog lights and valence a couple months ago and just got them working a few weeks ago. My insurance company said that they would take care of it under comperhensive that has a $100.00 deductable. I went to pick up my fog light and valence yesterday and the valence was wrong. No holes for the fog lights. The parts are suppose to be used Ford parts. I didn't look to see if the foglight was a Ford part till I got home. It has the letters TYC on the lense. I went ahead and put it on the truck since I was tired of driving around with a busted foglight. The stupid thing doesn't even fit in the opening correctly and when you turn it on and step back from the truck it looks different. I don't know if this is the light or if it is the fact that it has a different brand bulb. Sorry for the long post, but does anybody know what a TYC foglight is and what one cost? I got it at Wagners salvage yard in Durham NC. He charged $75.00 for the light that was suppose to be a used Ford light. The light probably didn't cost $60.00 new.
Thanks,

Last edited by JOHNSON505; 11-28-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe that fog assembly is about $140 new... I priced one once.... I can't remember the exact number but, it was much more than $75.

RP

Old 11-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Suggest you file a damage claim with the NCDOT. No reason you should have to pay a deductable to your insurance company, and why would you settle for used parts anyways?

This is a strange post to be in the electrical section.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:19 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
JOHNSON505,

might try this site;
http://www.elegantebytyc.com/

regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 12-01-2003, 07:43 PM
I don't know about the trucks but on my 96 Mustang GT the Fog light was expesive to replace well over 100 bucks just for the fog light assemble.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:13 PM
I ended up with brand new parts, since the salvage yard was trying to stick with after market crap. It ended up being over $320 dollars of damage.

Quick Reply: D**n orange barrell