Adding Electric Driver Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Electric Driver Seat

What parts are needed?

I am not going the bone yard route for this since I can't find a boneyard local that doesn't leave stuff outside uprotected.. all electrical stuff I have ever gotten didn't work.

I can obviously keep the seat cushions and stuff but I want to replace the "guts" to get the 6-way adjustable seat.

Can it be done?

Old 06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Power seat

Just goto to fordpartsonline.com or fordpartscheap.com or fordpartsnetwork.com they all have the same type of website but have different prices. Enter your vehicle, year and model then goto collision not mechanical. Look up the seat info on the menu bar to the left. You will find you can replace the seat assy with power for about $230-250 complete. Then your power seat harness should be on the passengers side kick panel (plug with green wire and black wire). Good luck....

Old 06-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Tell me more about where the harness is...

I ordered parts today.... switch, switch harness, and motor/track assembly (and the new cover for the seat) but none of us could figure out the location of the harness. WHy is it all the way over in the passenger kick panel for the diver's seat? How do I get to it? Is it long enought to route over to the driver seat?

Any further info is appreciated.

Old 07-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Phil -

Did you ever finish this mod ?

How do you like it ?

Any chance of a write up, with a few part #'s ?

Thanks for any info.

BTW - I did the Autolamp mod based on your write-up. You were 100% right - easy and a nice, inexpensive mod...

Thanks for the help !!

Old 07-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Power seat

Hey pw1981 I put Lariat seats in my F150 and had the same issue about running the wires. There is a two prong plug in the passengers kick panel with a green and a black wire. This is the feed to the seat. I used a 12 or 14 gauge wire and grabbed a harness at the junkyard so everything just plugged in. I wrapped the wires with black tape and ran them along with the existing wiring that runs along the center of the floor. That way it looks stock and there is already a fuse in place for it. It shares the same fuse as your power adj. pedals. You will have to take out your seats and console and possibly the back seats to roll up the carpet. Hope this helps you out....

Old 07-26-2003, 11:21 PM
B-Man,

I havn't finished this mod just yet. I have the track and motor assembly but the swich and seat guard I have don't match eachother. I have the 3-switch seat control and the bar switch seat guard. Torrie at Ford Parts Network is working on getting me the right parts.

As soon as everything is finished and working, I will post a write up with part numbers for all to see Glad you found the autolamp info helpful... its my favorite mod on my truck.

Crapgame,

Thanks for the tip on the wiring. I have yet to find a good junk yard in my area where I can go for stuff like harnesses.

I have reseached the EVTMs on the power seat and it shares the circuit with the power pedals (which I have). So, if I can get the harnesses at the junk yard for the power connectors, I will make the connection at the power pedal switch with t-taps then route down the kick panel, under the carpet panels along the driver side then up under the seat from the wiring channel. Much shorter and I don't have to remove the console.

We'll have to see what I can find at the local boneyards... scratch that, we will have to see if I can find a boneyard that actually has stuff other than Hondas and other foreign cars.

Last edited by pw1981; 07-26-2003 at 11:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Adding Electric Driver Seat