Keypad, Autolamp, DRLS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Keypad, Autolamp, DRLS

I origanaly posted this in the Supcrew Forum....but I saw ppl in here asking about Keypads. The plug for the key pad is just to the right of the speaker on the drivers side door.

Autolamp, DRL's, Keypad Part II

ALrighty then.....been on and off the phone with Bryan at http://www.fordpartsonline.com (1-800-549-2005) and came up with some things. Talk to Bryan because all the parts are fresh in his head after dealing with me all day.

pw1981, Dennis and SSCULLY.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

pw1981
If the dealer is installing the autolamp kit that gives the DRL as an option YOU DO NOT WANT THIS KIT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

The kit (which is what I presume the dealer ordered based on your post) is CRAP... it has a stick on light sensor and there is NO WAY to turn off the lights in the dark. No switch, no nothing. It just sucks.

As SSCULLY posted the link to my original thread... order the parts, and do it yourself. If your dealer is installing the kit, you WILL NOT be happy with it. The stick on sensor and lack of ability to turn it off makes it just awful.

pw1981, You were absolutely dead on!!!

I thought about this and realised that I was never asked what color interior I had. This is major due to the fact that the oval piece on top of the dash has to be replaced and needs one that has the slits and hole for the sensor. And the stock color is Dark Graphite. Mine is charcoal grey. I had the dealership cut me a check and I got my $249.00 back. I owe you all a beer.

So anyone that wants to install autolamp CORRECTLY here you go with Part#'s and current prices

1)Switch-- P/N#13A018 $60.02
2)Cover on dash (Oval)--P/N# XL3Z-15046A34-DAA $37.06(specify your color)
3)Sensor-- P/N#YL3Z-13A018-AA $28.03

So its $125.11 plus shipping.

THe part Number you DO NOT WANT from the dealership is
F8AZ13B218AA the base number is B218AA The first part adds the DRL. Its crap just like pw1981 said it was. Tape on sensor and you cannot turn off your lights at night :|

If you want to do the Daytime Running lights, where in Texas and I am sure in other states as well,it will lower your insurance

You will also need to order

A resistor --- P/N#14A061 $6.28
and a relay-- P/N# 14N089 $40.74

Also your can add the Key Pad for the door

1)Keypad PN# 14A626 $59.06
2)Door Handle Plate is P/N# 22405...(for biege)..$43.52
and available in every color but mine.....True Blue :|

Gary, the General Sales manager at Grand Prairie Ford and also my neighbor said he would have the guys in the auto body shop paint it for me. He was also had me educate his Aftermarket parts guy that had only been there a month. So the next person that buys and XLT and wants autolamp can have it installed correctly.

Old 06-14-2003, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the keypad deal, will this work if I don't have the factory alarm system and what do I do if I have an aftermarket alarm system w/remote keyless entry, can I still install this with just the simple plug and play method? I do have the XLT.

I am interested!

Please tell me more

Last edited by only one; 06-14-2003 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
only one,

Drop me an email, and I can send you the directions from svtlightnings.com.
Doug shut the site down due to all the fighting going on over there.

The XLT should have the connector in the door, and if you have a RAP module under the dash with a 5 digit number on it, that is the perminate factory code.

The alarm ( factory or other wise ) is not needed to do this.

Steve

Old 06-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that it was shut down... can't say I blame him though. Seems to be a bunch of panzies around lately ...

Quick Reply: Keypad, Autolamp, DRLS