tail lights dont work!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tail lights dont work!

hi guys!! i was rewiring my truck this past weekend and now my tail lights dont work,the signals are slow when the brake is applied,and i dont know what it is!! i connected all wires to thier homes, but still no tail lights(oh its not a fuse either cuz my dash lights come on) and ideas?

Old 06-11-2003, 01:56 PM
easiest check is the taillight assembly.

On my 89 Chev (please dont shoot me, I smartened up and bought a Ford) with the same style of tail light the contacts corroded and prevvented the circuit from completing... happens when loisture gets in there

The next thing I would think of is the multi-function switch that resides in the steering column. This part is a common failure in F150's. This switch has the various exterioor lights of the truck passing through it.

Old 06-12-2003, 07:25 PM
42_inchmudder,

What year model is this truck?
I'll help guide you through a diagnostic process if you like, but I need to know what year model.

FordMasterTech

Old 06-13-2003, 12:07 AM
i found the problem!!

hey guys ! finally found the problem of why my lights didnt work. there was a bad ground some where in the light socket(where you put the bulb in. oh well took me like 3 days to finally get the test light out and test all the wires which all had current.i then stuck a wire in with the light buld and touched metal and wall la! thanks for your support tho guys!! i really appreciate the mast ford mechanics out there!! hmmmmmm

Old 06-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Glad to hear your problem's are solved!!

FordMasterTech

Quick Reply: tail lights dont work!