Batt Going dead 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Batt Going dead 2

Okay guys,

98 F150 SC 4x4 5.4L, Iceman as soon as I fix this prob!

Tried the wd40 in door, tried new door switch-$7, but the chime still goes off with the lights off, key out of ignition, and door open. Could this be a RAP(anti-theft brain prob? The alarm has a habit of going off after I lock the truck and leave it alone, has no pattern to it. The theft light is off and not blinking(ie like its ok)or anything else I can see.

I hooked a test light up and it goes dark if I pull the 15amp fuse in the power box(left fnt fender) in position #6-manual says its the premium sound/radio. How much power should the clock on the radio pull?

I'm bummed to find out that I have to put the wiring harness in if I want the keypad entry as its not in the 1998's.

PLEASE, any ideas any factory/tech guys, I'm getting tired of jumping the truck if Im gone for a week.

Thanks

Jon

Old 04-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key out and it still chimes?
You got a bad key-in warning switch.
Easy to fix..
Cycle your ignition with key to the run position.
Take a small screwdriver or pick and push the detent through the opening in the lower column cover and pull the switch out.
If the chime quits, then it is the key-in warning switch.
It is located on the lock assembly. about an inch and a half long maybe,, just take it off and put your ignition cylinder back in..
As for the alarm going off, it is probably the PATS transceiver located around the ignition lock cylinder..

Good Luck and Keep me posted!

FordMasterTech

Quick Reply: Batt Going dead 2