Overhead shelf electrical connection.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool novice needs help, Dome light wires and fuse box.

I have a 1999 f-150 Supercab and have just installed a overhead shelf with console. The shelf is great. The console has a light with no switch and 2 power outlets.
I need to hook up to the fuse box or parallel an existing light. How hard is it to wire to the fuse box, do you have to take the whole dash panel out or does the fuse box come out with the 2 screws on the top of the panel? If I wanted to intersect the dome light wires, how do the wires run to get to the fuse box? I hope my rambling i'snt to confusing.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by James Vollmer; 03-11-2003 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would run a wire down the a pillar, you can pop off the plastic cover and run it down there and then down to under the dash. You can tap into something under there. I would use the drivers side since the fuse panel is over there. Find a switched circuit if you want it to go on and off or just tap into a always on feed if you want it to be hot all the time. If the light has no switch maybe it has a separate wire for the interior lights? It doesn't make sense that it would be always on with the power outlets. If it does only have one feed I would put a small switch in somewhere and wire it to a always on +12v circuit.

Quick Reply: Overhead shelf electrical connection.