Probably the wrong place, but I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Probably the wrong place, but I need help!

hi all. My dad and I have a problem. He has a 1994 E350 1-ton van. He's got about 300,000 mi on it (everything original except the radiator), and everything is running great. Now, here's the problem. He's been using the original key, which decided to break off in the column yesterday. We pulled the column apart, but we just cant seem to figure how to get the ignition slot out! We found a small pin in the bottom that pushes in, but we just cant get it out. If anyone has done this, or has any diagrams or anything that could help, it would be appriciated!!!

Kevin

Old 02-27-2003, 09:16 PM
If I am understanding you correctly You need to hane the key in the run position and push in on that little pin, and the ignition cylinder should pull out. I use a tiny phillips screwdriver to push in the pin in the bottom.

Old 02-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Yup, kpruski is right. I've found that if you push in on the pin while turning the tumbers (ignition slot) you'll be able to feel when it's all the the way in (should be the run position). At this point, the tumbers should slide right out.

You may also have to fight with the little wire that makes the dinging noise when the key is in and you open the door.

Quick Reply: Probably the wrong place, but I need help!