Dealership Service Departments: Amd Why I hate Mine...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-1999, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealership Service Departments: Amd Why I hate Mine...

7/8/99 - I called my dealer ship Future Ford in Roseville, Ca and scheduled a 6:15pm appointment on 7/12/99 to have several dash cluster bulbs replaced and my gas tank examined.

7/12/99 - Arrive at 4:30 yes, I was early to my appointment. I talk to a service advisor, sign the truck in and ask when the truck will be done. The service advisor tells me Midnight. Needless to say I am shocked to find out it may take 7.5hrs to complete my repair. I then asked the service advisor if my truck would be started at drop off or 6:15 when my appointment was scheduled. He told me he didn't know when work would be started. I asked why I even bothered to make an appointment. He said the appointment was only to drop off the truck, not a time when work would actually start on it. If all appointments are for is to drop off the truck, does it even make sense to make appointments, why not just drop it off at any time. At 11:30, the service advisor returned the truck back to me and tried to give me some explaination as to why there was a problem with the gas tank. Needless to say, at 11:30 I didn't really get much from our discussion.

7/13/99 - Called Dealership for better descriptions of gas tank problem. Second service advisor told me diffrent story about tank, advised me to talk to service forman. Called service forman, now waiting for call back.

I would probably say I am pretty much pissed off about this. Is this the type of service Ford owners have to put up with?

Unaccecptable!!!!

Dealerships get paid for doing warranty work, they should at least do better than the way they treated me and they way they make appointments...What a joke.

Randy

------------------
'98 XLT SC, 4.2V6, 4spd Auto, BugflectorII, 50th Aniversery Flooor Mats, K&N Filter, Hard Tonneau Cover, Billet Grill and Insert, Sony CDX-6850 Head Unit, Soundstream Rubicon 405 Amp, JBL GTO 5x7's All 4 Doors, Qlogic 8" sub-enclosure with Kicker Punch XLC Woofer,SuperBrite Bulb Replacements...and More Mods to Come

[This message has been edited by forgeur (edited 07-14-1999).]

Old 07-14-1999, 03:21 PM
Red face

For the first year I owned my ford, I lived in DC. Always took the beast to SheeheFord (think I spelled it right) on the 495 beltway around Wash DC. Loved that dealership. When they gave me an appointment for say 8:30, I would have my truck there a few minutes early and at 8:30 (or before) they would start work on it. Now I'm in Wilmington NC and Cape Fear Ford is the arm pit of the world for any kind of service work!! Once made an appointment that was to take 6 hours, once they got my truck and had it for 6 hours they informed me they might get to it the next day. Oil change, half a day!! And you wonder why I go to Exxon oil/lube shop???

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 <I>Flairside</I> 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers & Clarion APA5240amp, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing
Better Built Stainless nerf bars

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 07-14-1999).]

Old 07-14-1999, 03:41 PM
7/14/99 - No call from service forman, called at 11:00am left message again...Gotta think he's gonna get tired of my voice mails and call me back.....

------------------
'98 XLT SC, 4.2V6, 4spd Auto, BugflectorII, 50th Aniversery Flooor Mats, K&N Filter, Hard Tonneau Cover, Billet Grill and Insert, Sony CDX-6850 Head Unit, Soundstream Rubicon 405 Amp, JBL GTO 5x7's All 4 Doors, Qlogic 8" sub-enclosure with Kicker Punch XLC Woofer,SuperBrite Bulb Replacements...and More Mods to Come

[This message has been edited by forgeur (edited 07-14-1999).]

Old 07-14-1999, 04:31 PM
hey forgeur
I left you a message in the gas tank heading. You may want to heed the advise given and look for a new service location.

Best of luck bud.
Ranch Hand

Old 07-14-1999, 08:04 PM
Banned
Lightbulb

this post intentionally left blank

[This message has been edited by Ford man (edited 11-14-1999).]

Old 07-15-1999, 12:41 AM
Banned
this post intentionally left blank

[This message has been edited by Ford man (edited 11-14-1999).]

Old 08-05-1999, 07:24 AM

WORST DEALER in the world... CHARLIE RUTH FORD/Henryetta, Ok.

My family has bought about 40 - 50 cars and trucks from this *man* in the past 30 years.

Reason we have 'split-the-sheets'?... Could not fix/find the noise (loose bolts) in my front-end AND got shafted by their body shop. To make a long story short...

A jerk crashed into my brother's car - body shop can fix "better then new" for $6000.00 estimate - picked up car and found that new UNused REPAIR PARTS are still sitting in corner - charged us (insurance) ALOT of EXTRA money for PARTS that they did NOT even USE! - we asked "why"? - CHARLIE RUTH threatened to call the police.

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

-----

[ 1998 Nascar Official Truck ]

Superchip Module ~ JET Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler(retaining *stock* Roush dual tailpipe tip) ~ K&N Filter ~ 3.73 Performance Rear Axle ~ Synthetic Engine, Transmission and Differential Lubrication ~ Nascar soft Tonneau Cover ~ Little White Chihuahua

Old 08-09-1999, 08:30 PM
test

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

-=[ 1998 Nascar Truck ]=-

Superchip Module ~ JET
Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax
Super Turbo
Muffler(retaining *stock*
Roush dual tailpipe tip)
~ AIRAID ~ SVO 9mm Wires
~ 3.73 Performance Rear
Axle ~ Synthetic Engine,
Transmission and
Differential Lubrication
~ Nascar soft Tonneau
Cover ~ Little White
Chihuahua

Old 08-09-1999, 08:36 PM
test #2

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

-=[ 1998 Nascar
Truck
]=-

Superchip Module ~ JET
Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax
Super Turbo
Muffler(retaining *stock*
Roush dual tailpipe tip)
~ AIRAID ~ SVO 9mm Wires
~ 3.73 Performance Rear
Axle ~ Synthetic Engine,
Transmission and
Differential Lubrication
~ Nascar soft Tonneau
Cover ~ Little White
Chihuahua

Old 08-09-1999, 08:41 PM
test #3

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

1998 Nascar Truck

Superchip Module ~ JET Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax Super Turbo
Muffler(retaining *stock* Roush dual tailpipe tip)
~ AIRAID ~ SVO 9mm Wires
~ 3.73 Performance Rear
Axle ~ Synthetic Engine,
Transmission and
Differential Lubrication
~ Nascar soft Tonneau
Cover ~ Little White
Chihuahua

Old 08-09-1999, 08:46 PM
test

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

1998 Nascar Truck

Superchip Module ~ JET Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler (retaining *stock* Roush dual tailpipe tip) ~ AIRAID ~ SVO 9mm Wires ~ 3.73 Performance Rear Axle ~ Synthetic Engine,
Transmission and
Differential Lubrication
~ Nascar soft Tonneau
Cover ~ Little White
Chihuahua

Old 08-09-1999, 08:49 PM
Test

Test

Old 08-09-1999, 08:50 PM
Thumbs up

98nascar: at least your sig is taking up less room now If you do a couple more post you should have it down to about 5 lines

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 Flairside 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers & Clarion APA5240amp, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing
Better Built Stainless nerf bars

Old 08-10-1999, 06:59 AM
Guess what this is... test

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

1998 Nascar Truck

Superchip JET Power Pulleys AIRAID DynoMax Super Turbo with Roush tip Royal Purple performance synthetic 5w30 3.73 performance axle SVO 9mm wires

Old 09-18-2000, 11:31 AM
bma
Thumbs up

Disclaimer: My fiancee's sister works at this Sheehy, so my opinions may be biased :-)

Tina,

I too live in the DC area (Springfield) and bought my truck from Sheehy Ford - they had a nice used one on the lot for a great price. I've always had good luck with them in both buying cars (on my second now...first one was a 97 taurus, then traded it in for the truck about 9 months later :-) and in dealership service. However, they aren't quite as good with oil changes anymore...depends on the day...they have a lot of work to do. Some days they get it in the bay and up on the lift right after 8 when they open, other days it's not done until 12 or 1 ... like I said depends on the day. However they do make it a point to have all vehicles done by 1pm if possible - that way they can go home early :-) Usually I just drop it off in the morning then go out and run errands with my fiancee in her new focus (not a bad car actually...have an inch or two of headroom and I am 6' tall ... can even drive it) and get lunch, by the time we are done it is all ready to go. I've thought about doing the oil changes myself but at this point I don't mind paying someone else to do it for the inconvience it saves me

As far as buying goes...one of the really nice things is that it's low pressure buying...you don't have salesmen tracking you like a deer in a rifle scope all over the lot... they don't pressure you into buying... really nice. Other dealerships in this area you are like a steak they just want to grill right up (Especially at the credit union car sales).

Brian

------------------
--
97 F150 Lariat - Black with gold trim
4.6L V8 automatic (never did learn how to drive a stick, maybe one of these days...)
3.55LS, P255/70R16 Goodyears(soon to go)
Chrome Ford nerf bars
Soft bed cover
DEBIAN vanity license plates (VA) - Go Linux!

Quick Reply: Dealership Service Departments: Amd Why I hate Mine...