New Superchips F-150 Micro Tuner now shipping!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
New Superchips F-150 Micro Tuner now shipping!!

To All,

The long-awaited day has finally arrived, the new Superchips Micro Tuner for the Ford F-150 platform vehicles is here and now available for immediate shipment!

This new unit does not require knowing your computer code, etc., as is required with the Superchip module, as this one unit has all 1200+ 1996 & newer V-8 F-150-platform vehicle factory software PCM revisions built into it! (For now, the 4.2 V-6's will still use the Superchip module) In under 10 minutes, you can connect this device to the OBD-II port under the dash and reprogram your vehicle's powertrain computer. It will automatically "read" your vehicle's individual PCM software revision, store your factory program and then automatically upload the corresponding code-matched Superchips performance program.

The Superchips F-150 Micro Tuner will allow you to correct for tire size changes and gear ratio changes quickly & easily in most 1999 & newer F-150's (thru 1998 still uses a standard speedo gear, a simple under $20 item). Not happy with those tires & want to change tires size yet *again*? No problem, fix your speedo in a few minutes, time after time!

This unit will also allow the vehicle owner to select their own WOT (wide-open throttle) upshift points in the automatic models in 100-200 rpm increments (it's actually referenced in mph with a sliding scale you can tap-adjust). This is an amazing capability, as you have *individual* control over each gear, the 1-2 upshift, then the 2-3 upshift, and then the 3-4 upshift points, separately. You can alter each of them individually by as much as ~10 mph higher or lower than stock, and you can play with that endlessly to fine-tune shift points in the automatics. Also the part-throttle shift points are kept in proportion to the full-throttle shift points (individually, of course), and the downshifts are also kept in proportion to changes made in the respective individual upshift points. Talk about control, nothing else has ever given this much user-definability in automatic transmission shift characteristics.

This unit will allow you to alter your engine's rev limiter (in the automatics it's done automatically, in proportion to the shift point settings), and allow you to alter the top speed limiter as well.

For those who just want to keep it quick & simple, at each stage you have the option of just accepting the "standard" Superchip performance program parameters for your individual vehicle's PCM software revision, which has already been refined over years by Superchips. You can choose to accept Superchips regular tuning changes (& transmission changes in the automatics) either for everything all at once, or each item individually, by going into the Options menu system.

For the manuals, you too still get all the same normal Superchips tuning that has been in the Superchip module for all these years. The manual transmission vechicles also have delays, retards, etc. that will automatically be removed, as the Superchip always has.

And to take it even further, as if all of this weren't enough, this unit is also an OBD-II CODE SCANNER! Yes, that's right, you can now scan for your own DTC's (drivetrain trouble codes, or "error codes") if you get a check engine light for any reason, without going to a Ford dealership, without going to any service shop, and without buying your own code scanner, as this one unit does it all!

Based on Superchips "MAX" technology, this device completely eliminates any installation "jitters" and/or concerns, giving any vehicle owner the ability to have all of this control and the world's best powertrain programming/tuning (and for the automatic models, far more configuration control capabiity & fine-adjustment of each shift point & firmness level than ever before possible) in just a few short minutes with no tools, and no effort. Just follow the simple onscreen menu (as always, carefully READ THE INSTRUCTIONS first), select your options, and it will take care of making your desired changes in just a few minutes, then put it back in it's box and put it on the shelf, until you want to change something else.

This unit will automatically store your factory original programming, and will allow you to restore your vehicle's factory stock PCM programming/tuning at any time, such as when you go in for service, etc., and then tune it again, over and over.

Also, once you remove the Superchips tuning from one vehicle, this unit can then be used to reprogram another F-150, so when you trade your '99 F-150 for a 2002, just take the Micro Tuner with you and immediately upload the performance program for the next F-150.

Each unit can tune 1 vehicle at a time, and even after it has been used to tune a vehicle, it can still be used as an OBD-II code scanner on most OBD-II (1996 & up) FoMoCo vehicles.

This unit is groundbreaking in it's versatility, performance & features, and is a tuning tool and a code scanner all in one.

Each unit carries the corresponding code-matched Superchips performance program for *any* V-8 engine 1996 thru 2002 Ford F-150, including even Lightnings & the supercharged 2002 Harley models as well as the Expedition.

The only time this unit would not be used is if custom engine tuning is required to compensate for involved mechanical modifications like superchargers, different MAF's, fuel injector changes, ported cylinder heads, etc. For those whose modifications require custom engine tuning, that will still be done using the Superchip modules, in both single program and dual program versions.

The F-150 Micro Tuner requries the use of premium gasoline, of course. Those who want the dual octane configuration will still use the 2-program Superchip Flip Chip.

We are the oldest Superchips distributor in America, and as such have provided significant input & assistance with some of what has gone into these new F-150 Micro Tuners. We are the first in the country to receive these new units in quantity, which are now in stock and available for *immediate* shipment, right now.

This did take us a bit by surprise, as we were not expecting this unit to be released for at least several more months, but the R&D went so well that they were able to get the units done earlier than anticipated & shipped them out to us!

We provided the Webmaster here with the information to update our online ordering system for this new product, and he has already updated that info (thank you Steve!) for your convenience.

Given it's features and the Superchips tuning, it is an unbelievable bargain, and with the OBD-II code scanner functions built it's amazing what Superchips has been able to do and keep teh unit at such a low price, as OBD-II code scanners alone are normally a minimum of about $165 or so just for a very low-end unit.

Those who have been here on F-150 Online for some time know that we have been talking about this unit for years, and finally now that day has come for all of us.

A word to the wise, you'll want to get your orders in as soon as you can for quick delivery, as these units are already going literally as fast as they can be manufactured, and will for some time. So don't miss out, call us & get your order in as soon as you can!

The Superchips F-150 Micro Tuner - it's here, it's fast, and packed with the features and tuning that everyone has been asking us for all this time, and that nobody else can deliver............. shipping right now.

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 08-24-2002 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you still use this if you have purchased a SuperChip? I would assume not, but you never know.
Thanks,

Kendall
Owner & Webmaster
www.sledtalk.com

Old 08-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That thing is cool Mike. I wish they made that for the older trucks. We seem to have been forgotten and passed over LOL. Well in 3 years I can get any truck I want under 35k. Here comes an L!!!!

Old 08-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Mike,

Can the Micro-Tuner be used for multiple vehicles? My brother and I would like to split the cost of one and use it on his '02 Supercrew and my '02 Expedition.

Old 08-22-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Superchips_Distributor

Each unit can tune 1 vehicle at a time, and even after it has been used to tune a vehicle, it can still be used as an OBD-II code scanner on most OBD-II (1996 & up) FoMoCo vehicles!

Old 08-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Angry

gee thats great.........glad i just bought a scanner ...rrrrgggghh

Old 08-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Wow. This sounds really cool. I would like to try it out myself!
Maybe I will yank the supercharger off so I can try this Superchips Micro Tuner.
Well, maybe NOT! Still sounds cool though.

Trending Topics

Old 08-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Thumbs up

Can we get a group purchase going and get a better deal???

Old 08-22-2002, 08:55 PM
Mike, am I understanding you correctly?

You get all the advantages of the Superchips program without physically installing the chip?

Plus you get to customize certain parameters of the program too?

Can it adjust air/fuel ratio as well?

This might be the end of cleaning conformal coatings and taping chips to the "puter. No more poor contact related issues. I might actually take the plunge.

Please do tell.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Chip vs Programer

I had one for my F250 SD before I traded I loved it and this seems a new improved version. Hopefully I am on Mike's list for one of the first ones. I got a heads up from Superchips last week!

Old 08-22-2002, 10:41 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Umm... I guess you guys forgot about the V6'ers?

Old 08-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Talking Mines ordered!

Ordered mine yesterday.......I hope it comes with the chirp at 40mph option! Thanks to Anita for all the help and information.

Old 08-23-2002, 02:01 PM
How about the Expy's too?

I'm looking for that optional "Tow/Chase" mode!!

Old 08-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Well first of all I must say thanks to the folks at Superchip for coming out with such a great item. Second, I have to say thanks to Mike Troyer. I called today requesting information on this product and he was on of the best "customer service" focused individuals I have come in contact with in a very long time. We discussed various topics about my truck and he took a sincere interest in selling me exactly what I needed, not what I wanted. I've never purchased anything from him before, but if he's got more products out there, I would be first in line to purchase them from him. Thanks a lot Mike. I look forward to receiving my programmer and other products. Have a great day...

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...=5289&anum=208

Old 08-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Like the flip chips having a tow/race/normal hop up modes, will the tuner also be able to offer such items. And one more question, I have a FIPK and Exhaust, is thier any codes for vehicles having this. With this, the dealer shouldn't be able to tell if you have had a program in thier, right?

Quick Reply: New Superchips F-150 Micro Tuner now shipping!!