MPT No Longer tunes the 6.2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MPT No Longer tunes the 6.2?

I have the Livewire for my '11 Lariat with the 6.2. I have several tunes from 5* (whom I purchased the Livewire from), and several from MPT. I like the 5* tunes, but my two favorite tunes are from MPT, the 91Oct. Tow and the 91Oct. Perf. tune. I've had them since about April of '14. Well, I've been considering getting two more tunes, a 93Oct. Perf. and 93Oct. Tow. I'm considering SSI and MPT but haven't made up my mind. This morning, I went to look again at the MPT website. They no longer have a heading for any 6.2, weather Raptor or not. Does anyone have any information?

Old 06-17-2017, 10:23 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Have you tried to call them?

Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Thanks for asking...No. Being Saturday didn't think they'd be open. I'll be leaving shortly to go out to my place in West Virginia. Figured I'd call when I get back next week.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Cool

I finally decided to bite the bullet. I got two tunes from SSi. Ordered them on Thursday. I'm not comfortable with doing computer stuff like data logging. Easily confuses and flusters me. So I decided to go with a SSi2 93 octane performance tune, and a SSi1 93 octane Tow tune. Now I wait.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:49 PM
glc
What are you going to do if you can't get 93 octane fuel? It's not nationwide. I'd get a 3rd tune for 87.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks for asking. I have 93 oct. here where I live, and around my place in West Virgina. That's all I've ever put in the truck. But if I do end up some place else unexpected, I do have various tunes from 5* and MPT I can drop back on.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 PM
glc
Have them ready - out here there is only one station with 93, and I think it's using a lot of ethanol to do it, it's unbranded gas. Everyone else's premium is 91. In my travels around the country, I've seen some 92, and in high altitude areas most premium is 89 or 90 at best.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. My sister moved to Florida last year and she's been trying to get me to come for a visit. I don't like planes, so if I go I'll likely drive down.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM
I have a question for anyone who has dealt with SSi performance. Has anyone waited more than a week for their custom tunes? Or have not gotten a reply from inquiries? I purchased the custom tunes on the 3rd. and I haven't heard anything. I've gone to their contact page and have sent two inquiries, and I've sent an email. 5* and MPT had about a week turn around. I've read good things about SSi's customer service. But no reply to several inquiries is a little rattling.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:53 AM
A month now and I still haven't gotten my tunes. A week ago, on a different F150 forum, I sent a PM to whom ever is active on that site for SSi. Whoever that person is, did reply the next day to ask if I have received them yet. I said no, and I also had given my email address just in case I entered it wrong on the tune request form. He then replied he would check into it and see what is going on. I've heard nothing more. Does anyone have any information on any problems that SSi may be having? I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I'm not sure.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarlet
A month now and I still haven't gotten my tunes. A week ago, on a different F150 forum, I sent a PM to whom ever is active on that site for SSi. Whoever that person is, did reply the next day to ask if I have received them yet. I said no, and I also had given my email address just in case I entered it wrong on the tune request form. He then replied he would check into it and see what is going on. I've heard nothing more. Does anyone have any information on any problems that SSi may be having? I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I'm not sure.
Wish i would've seen this earlier to try to sway your choice away from SSI. They don't have a great reputation on the Ecoboost platform, Very agressive tuning and on the ragged edge, They also like to disable the knock sensors to get the most out of them. Now for the 6.2 i haven't heard anything and honestly didn't know he tuned for them. The owner is Shawn Ellis, Id probably look him up on Facebook and shoot him a message. Hope everything turns out ok, If somethings seems not right if you get the tune loaded definetly get it off the truck. 95 percent of blown motors on the EB platform is from SSI.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Thanks. You've confirmed what I've been hearing so far. I just wanted to try someone different. I'm not into Facebook, Twitter or any of that......junk. Yea, I guess I didn't do enough research on them. I read they had great tunes for the 6.2. And that they were pretty good on service afterwards dialing it in. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, But this is a gross neglect in customer service. Over the past month, I've sent two contact messages asking for an update. I've sent an email. I tried to call one evening and the phone just rang. Nothing. I sent a PM on a different forum to which I got "Check your Spam", and "I will look into it and see what's going on". Nothing since. It has been suggested, unless you are a part of their "Facebook" group, you don't rate. I'm not trying to bash SSi, but It is what It is.....BBB maybe? Lol......

Old 09-02-2017, 10:01 AM
glc
Have they charged your credit card yet? If not, just cancel your order. If they have, cancel and dispute the charge.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarlet
Thanks. You've confirmed what I've been hearing so far. I just wanted to try someone different. I'm not into Facebook, Twitter or any of that......junk. Yea, I guess I didn't do enough research on them. I read they had great tunes for the 6.2. And that they were pretty good on service afterwards dialing it in. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, But this is a gross neglect in customer service. Over the past month, I've sent two contact messages asking for an update. I've sent an email. I tried to call one evening and the phone just rang. Nothing. I sent a PM on a different forum to which I got "Check your Spam", and "I will look into it and see what's going on". Nothing since. It has been suggested, unless you are a part of their "Facebook" group, you don't rate. I'm not trying to bash SSi, but It is what It is.....BBB maybe? Lol......
Yea, they are all about their Facebook Groups. They have been kicked out of mostly every F150 facebook group cause they bash other tuners so hard. Most call em SSI Minions, lol.

Id probably just chalk it up to a loss, call your credit card company and screw em. Seems like you really like your truck therefore you want a safe fun tune, that's definetly not ssi

Old 09-02-2017, 08:18 PM
glc
Why don't you see if 5* can do some 93's for you? Did you ever CALL MPT and see if they can still do some for you?