New and Improved 5 star EcoBoost performance tunes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New and Improved 5 star EcoBoost performance tunes!

I have had 5 star for a tad over 2 years, while happy with the 91 perf tune it never seemed "fast". I always said their perf tune is the way the truck should have come from the factory.

Fast forward 2 years and i found out Jacob is now doing revised performance tunes, I shot him a email and was told to run a datalog of my original tune and we would go from there. So i sent him the log and a few days later got my 1st revision. Thinking it was just going to be a little bit added. Loaded it up and it was ALOT better, Better tip in, low mid and high range was great. Honestly felt somewhat close to my MPT tune. Ran it a few weeks and 600 plus miles and ran another datalog.About a week later got REV2. I was thinking to myself well its probably just a couple tweaks and not to expect alot.

Loaded it up and WOW.. This thing is a monster compared to the original tune. Tip in is even better and while the low range seems pretty good the mid and high ranges are outstanding. The truck just keeps pulling! The shifting is vastly improved also, It seems to be in the perfect gear and any given time and it actually downshifts quick also when on it. Waiting on REV 3 hope coming soon, Jacob mentioned that it looked like i had some more mid range available so lm looking forward to probably the last revision.

Now I have been a die hard MPT fan for the last 2 years and put 50k miles on my MPT tunes and thought they were the best ever, Until my 2nd 5 star revision and honestly i can't say MPT is the faster one. Pro's on my MPT tune is Great Tip in and Great Low End torque and the shifting is pretty good, 5 star flat out kills my MPT tune on mid and high range and i would say the shifting is a tad better also.

Basically i made this post to let people know, if you have a older 5 star performance tune and was never really happy with it to get ahold of Jacob and see what he can do. Chances are you will be very Satisfied.

Here are a few videos with both Revision 1 and 2. Pretty Stout

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 09-13-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just got last revision from Jacob a few days ago. Low mid and high is flat out impressive. This truck pulls like a freight train at any rpm and gear.

This video was just foot to the floor, no boost launch or anything. Ive had to totally change my driving style since this tune. Traction is a issue most all the time. Even a WOT at 40mph the tires are breaking loose.

Quick Reply: New and Improved 5 star EcoBoost performance tunes!