X4 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X4 Questions

I have about 200 miles on my X4 custom tune from MPT. Truck is running great and MPT was incredible to deal with. Just a couple questions though.

Has my speedo been recalibrated with the custom tune to compensate for my larger tires?

Also, is there a way to retrieve engine and tranny stats from the X4 in order to monitor performance (mostly while towing)?

I've been ran the 87 Performance tune so far.

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:05 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
It has only been recalibrated if you specifically gave MPT the data. You can check it yourself by comparing the reading to a GPS, the speedo should be about 1 or 2 mph fast.

Do not tow with a performance tune, either load a tow tune or return it to stock unless MPT says otherwise.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Do not tow with a performance tune, either load a tow tune or return it to stock unless MPT says otherwise.
I Agree! Towing in Va. is hard on the trany. Got a home down in Java,Va. by South Boston. Always going up or going down on those roads,lots of hills and valley's.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:35 AM
I gave MPT all my mods, including tire size, so I guess my speedo is now calibrated for them.

I also have an 87 Tow tune for when I'm pulling tractor or camper that I have yet to try. I'll be making a short somewhat local camping trip to check it out before I head on vacation this summer.

Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: X4 Questions