Potential PHP Customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential PHP Customer

Just have a quick question. I have been trying to call and get some information from PHP multiple times over the last week. I havent been able to get ahold of them no matter what extension I use. Is this a common occurance? I hope not for people that have their products.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
there a small family company that has availability issues cause they are popular....they have added office staff to help compensate for this but sometimes they can get over burdened with phone calls...

my best suggestion is if you want their products and services KEEP TRYING!!!! via phone calls and emails.

But if the lack of availabilty bewilders you then move on....

Old 12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
as a business owner, i just cringe when i see people using that justification.

you will never find a successful business owner that agrees with your logic.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
as a business owner, i just cringe when i see people using that justification.

you will never find a successful business owner that agrees with your logic.
I don't see any logic being presented, he's just telling how it is. It's been that way since they started, just seems to be their method of operating.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's extremely hard to get a hold of them that's for sure

It has gotten better over the past month or so but I have been trying to resolve a check engine light issue and the first time I called like 5 or 6 months ago they told me it was in the tune and they just left something out

I just called this morning actually and they told me it has something to do with my connections battery cable or OBII port to tuner ... wtf

Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 PM
It hasn't been hard for me at all to get in contact with them. The custom tunes are worth it.. Angela has been great... As mentioned earlier, it's a small company.. Recently they moved to a new location. It's ran by Bill and Corey(wife) and Angela answers the phone/emails... Everything i've had done was to schedule and on time...

Even when I damaged my Edge CS they loaded everything onto my new one with no issues or questions...

Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't see any logic being presented
the logic is that i dont agree with the way they do business, that is my opinion. i dont think it is a good plan for an business to thrive and operate. i think the guy is brilliant at the pc or truck. i know to many small shops that never grew and the owners end up bitter and tired, lots get divorced or get depressed. they can just not understand why they never turned a corner on it.

to me, in business, you grow and get better every year, or you die.

i can go further as i am very familiar with both a family business and a very lucrative business.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
the logic is that i dont agree with the way they do business, that is my opinion. i dont think it is a good plan for an business to thrive and operate. i think the guy is brilliant at the pc or truck. i know to many small shops that never grew and the owners end up bitter and tired, lots get divorced or get depressed. they can just not understand why they never turned a corner on it.

to me, in business, you grow and get better every year, or you die.

i can go further as i am very familiar with both a family business and a very lucrative business.
I think maybe I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were saying that 88racing was offering the logic as an excuse for the way they conduct business.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
I have nothing but good things I just wanted to have a conversation about a few minor details. I understand that a small company is a small company....however for potential new business I would think that they would try to be a little more responsive. But hey to each their own.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
As one of their former customers, former only because they don't support my current truck, I would suggest that you keep trying. Ya, it's sometimes tough to reach them, but I always was very happy with their tunes and all. Not sure if you've tried it but they used to have a forum. Assuming they still do, and I have no idea what the site is, you could post your questions there. Or email them, if you haven't already.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:55 PM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 709 Posts
Old 12-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Does Bill do SCT tunes for 2009-2010 F150s? I had a PHP Gryphon on my 2006 and loved it.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Guys,
Before you jump off the deep end i'd suggest giving them the opportunity to assist. I was skeptical about them at first but when I contacted them I had my tunes in about a week.. No issues.. Try emailing angela... angela@phptune.com
( I am not affiliated with the company... only a customer)

Angela Morgan
Power Hungry Performance
176 Enterprise Dr #3
Pendergrass, GA 30567
(678) 890-1110 Ofc
(678) 890-8119 Fax

Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a followup on this. I emailed multiple times as recommended, requesting some information a little over a week ago. I still have not heard anything.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Well damn.... That sucks

Quick Reply: Potential PHP Customer