bunch o problems 2007 f150

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bunch o problems 2007 f150

Bought a 07 f150 supercrew fx4 w/4" lift 20" rims and 33" tires guy said it had an edge tuner but the cord was fd up. Anyway a few days after I bout it the od off light started flashing and the the dash said trans fault so I took it to my reg. Guy he ran modis on got nothing he said to have the tranny flashed took it to the stealer ship they said they couldnt access the computer to flash it. Said the remove all aftermarket tuners.so I went back to the guy he said to order the cord for the tuner and try putting the tune back in. I ordered the cord hooked up put the tune back in now I have no signal to my starter and when I jump the solenoid it turns over but wont start. Please no smart *** un helpful comments I dont need any advice on what to do to the guy I bought it from or what cliff to push it off of thanks

Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Theft light flash when you try to start it?

Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Will the tool communicate to read codes?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Not sure I will check when I get home. The dash says check gauges. It also has a remote start that I do not have the remote to. I tried manually unlocking the doors to see if that did anything but got nothing. O reiklys was abke to read codes off it but they were to advanced or some bs then my guy hooked modis up to it no problem but for some reason the dealership had a problem. Also when I hooked the tuner uo to new cord it flashed red and said cdi 6 or somethin like that not sure the 3 letters but it was definitely a 6

Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya, don't push him anyone off a cliff, just drive the truck through the front of his house at about 50 mph.

Could it be as simple as the battery not being 100% ?

I ran into a problem a month ago switching tunes and they would not load properly. I didn't realize this until I went down the road a few yards and the dash lit up and truck stalled. I should mention I had left my stereo on and interior lights for a couple of hours and had run the battery down a few days prior but jumped it back to life but never charged the battery overnight. So when I ran into problems I put the battery on my charger and reloaded tunes the next day - no problems. I've switched tunes a few times in the past month and never an issue. I think it is mentioned in the "sticky" at the top of the thread that it's crucial the battery be solid before loading tunes.

Sorry if I am way off, just an idea, just trying to help.

Last edited by cheef; 10-16-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Battery got down to 8.3v I put it in a charger and boost put a different battery in and also jumped the truck

Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by dillingermode
Battery got down to 8.3v I put it in a charger and boost put a different battery in and also jumped the truck
If it dropped that low during the flash, it may well have caused a problem...

Old 10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Battery was fine when the d a alership trued to flash it and failed. Tge truck was fine except the trans fault and od off l8ght flashing. It wasnt until I plugged in my tuner that the starting issues began. The batterry wore down from me trying to figure out the problem

Old 10-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Can you get it to reload the factory tune? If so do that and disconnect the battery for a few minutes and try again. Most times the dealership can't reflash a stock ECM if it has a aftermarket tune in it. Try your best to get the factory tune off of the tuner and then clear all the dtc codes. If all else fails contact edge directly and explain your situation and see if they have any ideas.
Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also read a thread where an aftermarket remote start caused the tuner to be unable to finish loading the tune. It would get to 75% and then error out. The OP of that thread pulled the fuse for the remote start and the tune loaded without issue. make sure your battery is charged and the remote start is powered off before trying to reload the stock tune.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Sent my pcm to edge they were able to put a factory tune in but my engine light was on and cruise wouldnt work then I took my truck to the dealership and they said the pcm was damaged abd still couldnt get in they had to get some code from ford and finnaly got in and finished the tune engine light and cruise issue was frim the tires. So its driveable now but im still getting the trans fault and od off flash after I drive it for awhile I also noticed it happebs sooner if I go over bumps

Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
let me guess, it wasn't regeared either?????

Old 02-12-2014, 02:52 PM
heres an update sorry it took so long I had to get the funds together to fix it.
I notice that when I came to an incline it would stutter a little bit so that got me thinking that it was the torque converter so I went to oreillys and chose between high stall and low stall I took the low stall and took the tranny out to fing it had a high stall in it. so after doing some research I found that most of the high usually got put into the expeditions. after talking to a couple trans guys I decided to put the low stall in got it all installed and haven't had a problem since. I do still have the whistling sound but im thinking that its a vaccum leak somewhere because when im cruising around 70 with cruise on it whistles pretty good but as soon as I cancel cruise it stops. curious to find out if my truck came stock with the high stall t.c. or if the previous owner had it put in anyone else had the f150 come stock the the high stall. as far as gearing goes idk if it was changed or not

Quick Reply: bunch o problems 2007 f150