Tune questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune questions!

Hey everyone! I recently bought a 97 Expedition for my wife and I need some help with a few questions. The truck came with an aftermarket tune, K&N Hot air intake and a 3"Magnaflow single in/single out exhaust. The truck sounds great but the tune is screwed up on the 1-2 gear shift, the shift points are around 6k rpm and the Rev limiter must be set at the same point or over/under slightly cause it hits the Rev limiter before shifting and I don't have a handheld to fix this and here is where my questions come in. Will this tune be treated like a factory one when I get another or will I have to get the computer reflashed at a dealer before installing another? I know the handheld saves the factory tune and that is why I asked that question. My second one involves the handheld itself. I have an SCT XCal 2 taking up space that was in my Mustang and I was wondering if I can convert it over to the Expedition after downloading the custom tunes onto the device? I will be getting the tune from PHP or will I have to get a whole new/used handheld? The tune is dang near perfect and it sucks to waste money on a new one just to fix one shift point but they all need to be lowered to about 5,500rpm anyway. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:24 AM
glc
Received 768 Likes on 709 Posts
I would recommend you ask your tuner of choice about these issues, whether it be PHP or one of the other good tuners.

Quick Reply: Tune questions!