F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   tuner for 2012 ecoboost (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/465436-tuner-2012-ecoboost.html)

aussiekeeper 03-04-2012 10:05 AM

Subscribed..........A little more safe power would be nice. I would be very happy with a little over 400 hp if it could be had in the low-mid to mid rpm area. In addition, I am really tired of the gear hunting back and forth with very little throttle input. I do have 3:15 gear, but I can feel the trans giving up a higher gear with little throttle input.

TOOLOUD 03-19-2012 11:46 AM

Any new info yet ? Diablo mike

ajandersen 03-19-2012 12:38 PM

A little more power is always nice. A LOT more power is great! As goes power, so does mpg in a reverse relationship. That's what a lot of people don't consider. Also, you must think about your tires.

DiabloMike 03-19-2012 04:03 PM

Not much news to report, as we have more to say, I'll let you guys know ;)

aussiekeeper 03-19-2012 07:35 PM

I'm ready when you are Mike. Will it have a mileage tune also?

TOOLOUD 04-17-2012 01:26 PM

Been almost a month - any New info DiabloMike ?

DiabloMike 04-17-2012 05:23 PM

Nope, I'll make some noise as I have some news :)

TOOLOUD 04-18-2012 07:39 AM

Not the response I wanted to hear ! However I want y'all to get it right before it is released. Mp

TOOLOUD 05-14-2012 05:16 PM

Been almost a month since I last Ask ... Any new info DiabloMike ?

DiabloMike 05-14-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by TOOLOUD (Post 4837989)
Been almost a month since I last Ask ... Any new info DiabloMike ?

We're elbow deep in EcoBoost these days, but nothing new to report for you guys yet ;)

I am looking at a cubic ton of new Turbocharger paramaters we just added to the software, looks like fun!

Chuck W. 05-21-2012 03:32 PM

Has anybody tied the Superchip tuner for EB yet? I have a new one on order & no I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch!!

TOOLOUD 05-21-2012 06:22 PM

I wondered that also. I recently ordered a AFE stage 2 intake for my EB , can't wait to get it in and put it on.

TOOLOUD 06-05-2012 08:40 PM

Bump - any new info ?

SpeedofSound 06-05-2012 09:11 PM

Lots of problems with the Superchips tune for the ecoboost f150. A lot of guys reporting poor performance due to spark knock, excessive noise which they have reported to sound like waste gate continually dumping boost while trying to maintain a constant rpm or climbing a hill, complaints about having to return the truck back to stock tune before being able to tow, gear indicator lights disappearing after flashing, back up camera problems after flashing, increased off idle hesitation and they do not use the most recent strategy from Ford available for our trucks. Superchips says they are fixing the problems and will release an update soon but it has been months since they said that and they still will only offer canned tunes, they are not custom tunes.
Personally, I went with Livernois. They are a bit pricey but I have been dealing with Livernois on a personal and business level for many years and their products are second to none! They have the most extensive experience, research and development with the ecoboost motor, above and beyond anyone else in the industry today. Livernois tunes make far more power than SC tunes and they do so with only about a 1.5 to 2lb max increase in boost, whereas SC has been reported to show much higher boost levels with far less performance, driveability and reliability. The driveability, power and gas mileage with my Livernois tune is outstanding, above and beyond words. No gear hunting at all no matter the speed and has plenty of performance to pick up speed without downshifting all the time along with many other benefits from their tune. Plus Livernois has available to them, the most recent strategy for our trucks and that is what they build each tune off of. They have tunes for all octane levels and they have a tow tune that you can actually tow the max weight without having to flash back to stock to tow.
I could go on and on all day, but like I said, I trust no other when it comes to ecoboost performance!

Sorry for the thread hijack :whistle:

Cheers!

SpeedofSound 06-05-2012 09:19 PM

Check out the Livernois website for more information, videos and dyno sheets for popular octane fuels.