traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traction control

Does anybody know if there is a programmer that will alow you to completely disable the traction control on a 2010 f150. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SCT has the ability, but I don't know why you couldn't turn it off manually when you don't want it.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Why dont you just hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds and it will be completely turned off in 2wd. then put it in 4wd and do the same and it will be completely turned off in 4wd. Its in your manual also. I had to do some figurin when i needed more power in 4wd. i about go stuck before i figured it out.

When the light comes on in your dash and stays there thats when it is off comletely. if you just push it once it only disables it partially. cant remember now what it does, but it says in your manual

Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Because it simply does not work that is why, For all practical purposes that button is merely a decoration. If you really drive your truck that disable function lasts approximatly three seconds before it kicks back in. Dipper, Use the search function here "It actually works" and you will find many threads of the tuners that can turn it off as well as a simple removal of a fuse that will give you full control of your truck.

Last edited by IDIeselman; 06-30-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
It does work. Thats why it was designed... I work construction and was stuck in a rainstorm on the dirt grade a mile back in the woods. without disabling the whole system i would have been done. The truck performed just as my 2005 and 2006 trucks 4wd systems. actually better but because of the fx4 you can pull the **** out and it electronically locks the rear differential also. It would be retartded to spend several hundred dollars on a tuner when the answer is free. If it only is lasting 3 seconds you dont have it completely turned off the light on your dash must stay solid and on the whole time. Trust me ive done this and it works......Owners manuals please!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Smokey, Good to hear you made it out, being stuck that far back would have sucked. I also have the 10 fx4 and being a very spirited driver have come to hate the control system on my 2010. While the button may turn off the TC ESC, and RSC if you hold it for more than 5 secs untill it fully illuminates.
If you exceed 35 mph, it turns the ESC and RSC back on automatically and shortly thereafter the TC kicks back in and halts forward progress.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I see what you are saying now....yes after 35mph. I wonder if they do it that way for highway driving in snow/slush to try and help drive? I would much rather be in control myself.....Friggin idiot drivers!

Yah it was an interesting day, i had the junk stock tires at the time and was sweatin it. we had equipment if it got too bad, but it was time to go home.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks to all of yall I will try it and see how it does.

Quick Reply: traction control