Edge Evolution pod

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Evolution pod

I just purchased an Edge Evolution programer for my 2004 FX4 & was getting ready to put the pod on my dash, but it did not fit right. On the left side (next to the door) it made a nice smooth transition from the pod to the dash, the right side did not sit so smooth. Also at the back of it there seems to be about an 1/8" gap all the way across. For those of you that have these did you have to do any trimming to your pod to make it smooth, & look factory installed?

Also the instructions mention mounting brackets, I only received one. How many were supposed to be in the box?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You shouldn't need the mounting "L" bracket....the right side of the pod should wedge into the seem of the dash...for a lot of us its tight enough to hold the pod in place....
Hers a pic of the pod mounted in my truck....

Sorry no side pics....if it is a fitment issue you'll need to call edge....cause the pod should not require any trimming.....

Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Like said above, my pod slipped onto my dash, and has been there for a while like that. People ask me all the time "Is that a stock part of the dash?" because it fits so well. Maybe the previous owner messed it up somehow.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
You shouldn't need the mounting "L" bracket....the right side of the pod should wedge into the seem of the dash...for a lot of us its tight enough to hold the pod in place....
Hers a pic of the pod mounted in my truck....

Sorry no side pics....if it is a fitment issue you'll need to call edge....cause the pod should not require any trimming.....
Great thanks, with some effort it did go in the seam of the dash. I believe I will use the "L" bracket, cause the left side & the back (towards the windshield) has a gap that I do not like.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
I had the same issue with the fit of mine. It bugged me for a while, but unless you point it out, no one else will notice.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
mine fit right once i shoved it down into the crack. you have to kinda coax it in there. all is good though after i figured that out

Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by cj1angle
I had the same issue with the fit of mine. It bugged me for a while, but unless you point it out, no one else will notice.
Well I'm the kind of person that would never be able to look past it & forget about it, it would of always bugged me. I got it sitting even with the dash all around like it is supposed to be & am happy with it & the programmer.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution pod