Programer updates / better tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programer updates / better tune?

I've been using a SuperChips Flashpaq since 07, I use the canned Performance and change the tire size, alls well. I made a bonehead mistake and Murphy's law the Dealer wiped out my tune and the VIN was locked on the Tuner. I called SuperChips to send back and get it re-set. No longer need to do that you can fix it on the site. OK, it had been 4 plus years since I've been on their site. I down loaded and in stalled their new software, it picked up my Tuner and uploaded new firmware, updates, etc. Once that was done I unlocked the tuner, went to my truck and re-installed the performance tune. OK so here's my question, I swear my truck responses even better now, could I have gotten a "newer" improved Performance tune with all the updates? Or is having a fresh tune making it run better?

Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When the dealer did the re-flash it deleted the data that adaptive learning created. It is possible the canned tune was updated as well, so it's hard to say what might have created any change in performance.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I just read some info. that re-installing cleans out the computers learning process which would change the way the truck performs.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by racerx1307
I just read some info. that re-installing cleans out the computers learning process which would change the way the truck performs.

yup

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by racerx1307
Yep...

Quick Reply: Programer updates / better tune?