dealer flashed me

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer flashed me

Hi everyone, I have the xcal3 with JMP's custom tunes and I think the dealer flashed me when they changed the spark plugs. I forgot to change it back to stock before I took it in. When I picked up my truck it doesn't have the same power at all, just a little better than stock if that makes sense. I tried reloading the custom tunes but no change. Do I have to get new tunes from Justin ?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the PCM was reflashed, then yes you will have to have the tunes written for the new calibration.

Did your hex code change?

Have you talked to Justin and asked him?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Call the dealer and make sure....
If they did reflash the call Justin and you'll also have to get your programmer cleared of your stock tune....

Let this be a lesson to anyone and everyone....DON'T TRUST YOUR DEALER...PUT IT BACK TO STOCK.....

Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
You need to buy one of these. I did, but I don't even have a programmer yet, lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Looks like that ebay seller stopped selling them. He wasn't selling them at the time I wanted one, I asked him if he could get me one and he did. If you ask he may resell them to anyone who needs one. I wonder how and where he makes them?

Last edited by drewsbu; 03-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by drewsbu
You need to buy one of these. I did, but I don't even have a programmer yet, lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Looks like that ebay seller stopped selling them. He wasn't selling them at the time I wanted one, I asked him if he could get me one and he did. If you ask he may resell them to anyone who needs one. I wonder how and where he makes them?
PHP is going to start carrying them again for approx 5+shipping.....

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Honestly, I would rather take the chance of a reflashing than have something that basically says "hey, go ahead and try to void my warranty." At least without it they might not search it out. Of course, if they want to claim a change that voids my warranty all they have to do is look at my exhaust, lol.

Quick Reply: dealer flashed me