diablosport predator tow tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diablosport predator tow tune

There is no canned tow tune so I am hoping to modify a tune for better towing. I have the 87 octane k&n perf tune load. All tunes are able to be modified so what I was thinking was to pull all the parameters from the current tune and load them on the regular perf tune with a few modified for better towing. Anyone know what parameters I would need to modify to tow better. There are sites that will do it for 75 per tune, but I was wondering if I could just modify one of the canned tunes for no additional charge. Let me know what u think. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The stuff you are messing with would scare me to death with my truck. That is what I think. I am glad I have custom tunes for specific applications and all I have to do is make sure I have a good battery charge before I attempt a to change tunes.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh, I think you'd be better off paying the $75 cause a wideband O2 sensor and dyno time will cost more...

Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 PM
All tunes are able to be modified but I highly doubt that all parameters are.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:44 PM
True. I was just seeing if anyone had done it. May end up just paying the 75 to get it done right, but figured it was worth a shot.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Unless your able to modify closed loop fueling I'd leave it alone. There are changes to shift points but you dont want to tow with a performance tune because they usually dont run as rich.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by jerrybizzle
There is no canned tow tune so I am hoping to modify a tune for better towing. I have the 87 octane k&n perf tune load. All tunes are able to be modified so what I was thinking was to pull all the parameters from the current tune and load them on the regular perf tune with a few modified for better towing. Anyone know what parameters I would need to modify to tow better. There are sites that will do it for 75 per tune, but I was wondering if I could just modify one of the canned tunes for no additional charge. Let me know what u think. Thanks.
The optimized timing and fueling of the canned tune, along with the elimination of the PE/fueling delay, will help greatly with towing with no other changes.

Quick Reply: diablosport predator tow tune