Questions about Diablo Predator for 02 F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Diablo Predator for 02 F150

The truck is an 02 F150 with 4.6 4x4. I wanted to set up this tuner to run 87 octane, so the manual stated that both timing banks needed to be reduced by 15 percent while using the performance tune. I reduced the timing 15 percent on both timing banks and the truck ran horribly. My question is, is the number on the screen in percentage? If the timing is at 0, and I move the timing to -15, is that 15 percent? Also, if anyone who has this programmer has any advice on setting up this tune for a stock truck, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Another thing, is it worth the extra money to run high octane on the performance tune? I would believe the best overall results may come from this, but is the extra performance that noticeable from low grade to high grade?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will have better luck if you post this in the https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...rogramming-34/ forum.

Send a PM to Rockpick (moderator) and maybe he will move it for you.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by ford_man_22
The truck is an 02 F150 with 4.6 4x4. I wanted to set up this tuner to run 87 octane, so the manual stated that both timing banks needed to be reduced by 15 percent while using the performance tune. I reduced the timing 15 percent on both timing banks and the truck ran horribly. My question is, is the number on the screen in percentage? If the timing is at 0, and I move the timing to -15, is that 15 percent? Also, if anyone who has this programmer has any advice on setting up this tune for a stock truck, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Another thing, is it worth the extra money to run high octane on the performance tune? I would believe the best overall results may come from this, but is the extra performance that noticeable from low grade to high grade?
What revision do you have onthis Predator?

Sounds like it may be kinda out of date?

If you'd like, I can have a custom 87 octane tune made for you.

The values on the screen are % on the older tools, but, I'm pretty sure the latest version has 87 octane tunes as well.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
no low octane rating tune

I just got mine this weekend, and wanted an 87 octane tune, but the manual says run premium or else, if you modify the tune at all, we're not liable, etc. and part of that is speedo/axle ratio recalc. which would seem to be benign enough.

I have a 02 4x4 5.4 and bought some wheels and non-standard tires (55 vs. 45 20"s) and thought I'd get a decent tune and do a speedo cal, but from what I can see, my old "stock" tires were overdriving the speedo/odo by about 3% and the new tires are dead on (compared with gps).

Plugging in revs per mile seemed it to make it go *way* overboard i.e. 10% vs. 3%, still have to play with it some, but I suspect I'll go back to stock after this tank.

I couldn't use one that sat on the dash as there are a bunch of evil doers trolling my park and ride lot, so I wanted something I could program and keep at home. But I'm wondering if anyone sells a tuner that I could use on multiple cars, I have a mustang gt, f150 and a mountaineer, and I'd certainly not want to buy 3 separate devices (from anyone).

Old 04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by kp02-150
But I'm wondering if anyone sells a tuner that I could use on multiple cars, I have a mustang gt, f150 and a mountaineer, and I'd certainly not want to buy 3 separate devices (from anyone).
look up sniper tunig or may be deltaforce tuning now. with that you can tune 2 cars at the same time. also superchips cortex (i think) can tune many different cars but not the at the same time.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Any reason why you couldn't fill it up with 87 and put the timing at 0, then set it back a couple numbers at a time till the pinging goes away?

Quick Reply: Questions about Diablo Predator for 02 F150