Superchips Custom Tuning 5-program 4-bank Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips Custom Tuning 5-program 4-bank Performance Chip

Just wanted some of Ya'lls opinions. i have this Chip coming sometime this year! It should be here in a couple of weeks! I have a 2002 F-150 Screw 4.6L w/ a K&N FIPK, and FlowMaster 40 Series S/I D/O, The tune is going to have the 87oct Tow & Performance, as well as the 93 Oct Tow & Performance. Can anyone tell me how much of a difference Performance Wise this might make. I researched all of the Aftermarket tuners & Chips, and Supposedly I keep hearing the Custom tunes give more Bang for the $$ ? All Opinions are Welcomed! Thanks Alot!!

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=14041

Last edited by PowerHorse21; 06-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:31 PM
what to expect from custom tuning

Originally Posted by PowerHorse21
Just wanted some of Ya'lls opinions. i have this Chip coming sometime this year! It should be here in a couple of weeks! I have a 2002 F-150 Screw 4.6L w/ a K&N FIPK, and FlowMaster 40 Series S/I D/O, The tune is going to have the 87oct Tow & Performance, as well as the 93 Oct Tow & Performance. Can anyone tell me how much of a difference Performance Wise this might make. I researched all of the Aftermarket tuners & Chips, and Supposedly I keep hearing the Custom tunes give more Bang for the $$ ? All Opinions are Welcomed! Thanks Alot!!

Would be very hard to guess since the tunes will be custom for you. I will be having this same hardware soon as well. However, my turnes will be quite different from yours because I ONLY use 93 octane, dont tow, and I dont have the same aftermarket setup you have.

Your best bet would be to find someone with the same hardware setup you got, same tunes as you have coming and coming from Troyer, and see what they noticed. I know, needle in a haystack!! Many here can give you some insight, something to at least expect, but actual HP and TQ gains will be a moving target to answer. If nothing else, Troyer performance will be the best to answer since they know what your stock baseline is in order to even begin tuning.

However, with all that said, YES, the custom tunes will be the best bang for the buck. How much? That would be harder for most anyone outside of Troyer to answer.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by INFireRedF150
Would be very hard to guess since the tunes will be custom for you. I will be having this same hardware soon as well. However, my turnes will be quite different from yours because I ONLY use 93 octane, dont tow, and I dont have the same aftermarket setup you have.

Your best bet would be to find someone with the same hardware setup you got, same tunes as you have coming and coming from Troyer, and see what they noticed. I know, needle in a haystack!! Many here can give you some insight, something to at least expect, but actual HP and TQ gains will be a moving target to answer. If nothing else, Troyer performance will be the best to answer since they know what your stock baseline is in order to even begin tuning.

However, with all that said, YES, the custom tunes will be the best bang for the buck. How much? That would be harder for most anyone outside of Troyer to answer.
I Appreciate the feed back. I don't tow either, don't even have a Hitch. they have to fill up a couple tunes so they threw in the tow! You're right, You have a Much Nicer aftermarket set-up than me! I've been wanting to get some Headers! JBA probably. What difference did you notice after the Header install? Louder, anymore pop off the Line? I had em do the 93 oc performance, just in case i get a Wild hair, which will be the first day I get the tune if I'm on empty. I'll make sure to be! Do the lighter E fans help much? Thanks for the Input, I'll let you know the difference when I get the tune!

Last edited by PowerHorse21; 06-02-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Superchips Custom Tuning 5-program 4-bank Performance Chip