Programming with Xcal II

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programming with Xcal II

Looking over the instructions on programming with the Xcal II and it states to disconnect the fuel pump and electrict fan fuses... I don't have an electrict fan but I don't see a fuse labeled for the electrice fuel pump on my 04 s/cab 4X4... What am I missing here?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I think thats mainly for pre 03 trucks.....I installed my xcal2 tunes with out disconecting anything and it worked just fine.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Yup, plug and play. Now get back out there quick

Grab a flashlight. No lights, radio, a/c, amps and such.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM
OK! I'll give it a try...

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the quick response!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Well it uploaded and downloaded... We'll take it for a drive tomorrow... Thanks again!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi No Tyme,

If you will read the Troyer Performance documentation that I personally write for each and every single custom tuning vehicle owner, you will see that this is covered specifically. The 2004 & newer V8 F-150's do NOT have a separate fuse for the fuel pump, and so they do not need any fuses removed unless you have installed an aftermarket electric fans kit - we talk about that in detail.

One other way to look at it is this - Ford trucks with return style fuel systems (in the F-150 that would be 2003 & earlier, but also including the 2004 "Heritage" models) will always have a separate fuse for the fuel pump - it will be one fuse, and not a relay. And then in the newer electronic returnless style fuel system trucks, which are your 2004 & up new body style trucks, there is no separate fuse for the fuel pump - it's current is varied constantly on the fly by the PCM.

I write that 7-10 page document for each individual vehicle owner so that they will have info on the tunes we did specifically for them, as well as a lot of other info that will get you thru just about anything basic that may come up like that.

I hope that info helps, & when you get a chance, please read our docs throughly - and I hope you enjoy your new tuning!!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Hi No Tyme,

If you will read the Troyer Performance documentation that I personally write for each and every single custom tuning vehicle owner, you will see that this is covered specifically. The 2004 & newer V8 F-150's do NOT have a separate fuse for the fuel pump, and so they do not need any fuses removed unless you have installed an aftermarket electric fans kit - we talk about that in detail.

One other way to look at it is this - Ford trucks with return style fuel systems (in the F-150 that would be 2003 & earlier, but also including the 2004 "Heritage" models) will always have a separate fuse for the fuel pump - it will be one fuse, and not a relay. And then in the newer electronic returnless style fuel system trucks, which are your 2004 & up new body style trucks, there is no separate fuse for the fuel pump - it's current is varied constantly on the fly by the PCM.

I write that 7-10 page document for each individual vehicle owner so that they will have info on the tunes we did specifically for them, as well as a lot of other info that will get you thru just about anything basic that may come up like that.

I hope that info helps, & when you get a chance, please read our docs throughly - and I hope you enjoy your new tuning!!
Gotta hand it to Troyer Performance, keeping an I on the threads and posting info like that. Definately gonna get my tunes from TP when I can afford it. Way to go Mike!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Mike: Yes I did read the document

Mike,
Thanks for your input on this... And yes, I did read the documentation that came with my tunes on Sunday 5-20... (The post in question was well before that).
I have to say I am impressed with the tuning you provided, but I am apprehensive with the shift points... meaning the rpm at which the shift actually occurs. My first to second shift usually occurs between 2500 and 3000 rpm and seems unsuitable for daily driving, but this tune has only been installed in my truck for about 100 miles of driving and I understand I need more time for evaluation. The shift firmness is acceptable (actually it rocks ) but for a daily driver in an everyday driving situation, the shift point coming sooner at a lower rpm would be more comfortable, at least from my perspective.
Is this adjustable on my end with the Xcal II?
Another tune I ran has a wider variety of shift points which seems directly responsive to the amount of throttle and more suitable for a daily driver and if I could adjustable the shift points to directly compensate for acceleration this would be much more comfortable of a tune for my situation.

Actually I read your responce to me on this subject in another post just after I posted this... Thank You!

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...17#post2651617

Last edited by No-Tyme; 05-22-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Programming with Xcal II