Edge Help! Idle rpm's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Help! Idle rpm's?

okay guys, i may be an idiot for asking but i just got my edge last week. I've been piddling around with a few things. level 3 preset works great but has a really low idle rpm - like 370 or so. even dies out occasionally. i went to custom to change max speed, tire size, etc... but that made the rpm race at 1700 during idle. is this all normal or do i have a big problem? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by TreeKiller
okay guys, i may be an idiot for asking but i just got my edge last week. I've been piddling around with a few things. level 3 preset works great but has a really low idle rpm - like 370 or so. even dies out occasionally. i went to custom to change max speed, tire size, etc... but that made the rpm race at 1700 during idle. is this all normal or do i have a big problem? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You can change the idle rpm with the edge unit. It was discussed either in this section or the 2004+ section. It may take a little searching but I know its there somewhere.

What exactly did you change?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I would be verrrrry careful changing some of the pcm parameters until you understand the interrelationship of the performance options.
I just recieved my edge lat week. I'm running level 1 with axle & tire data modified.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
One of the custom settings is idle. mine is set at 750.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
will changing ur tire specs on the edge help at all except give u more accurate speed?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by F150_B.F.D.M.
will changing ur tire specs on the edge help at all except give u more accurate speed?
That is all it is for, to set your speedometer and mileage.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
That is all it is for, to set your speedometer and mileage.
Also let your tranny shift where its suppose to.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:12 PM
idle problem like treekiller!

I got mine today. I was approaching e on my 87 octane gas, so I decided to play with lvl 1 and 2 on my way to the gas station. My truck worked fine, and I was very impressed with the edge programmer like the rest of you. Since I had to put gas I decided to put 92, that's all Hawaii offer's. It started up w/no problems, and ran great. Drove it around a bit to get rid of the remainding 87 octane, then upped it to Lvl 3, and lvl 3 is for me. But when I got to my stop, I went to reverse into my stall and the truck died out cause rpm's to low 150-300. So I decided to pull forward in to the stall in front of me so I won't hold up traffic. It took me 4 tries to do it, the last try, I had to rev the truck from P to R to N and finally D, and jerk my way forward, (lookin like an A$$ ). So I put the edge back to stock and same thing, it rev's to low, still 150-300 for about 3 sec and dies out. I tried to up my rpm's on the tuner but all lvl's only allow up to 350, and that's not enough. Hopefully someone can us.

Old 02-06-2021, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Hotboy8055
I got mine today. I was approaching e on my 87 octane gas, so I decided to play with lvl 1 and 2 on my way to the gas station. My truck worked fine, and I was very impressed with the edge programmer like the rest of you. Since I had to put gas I decided to put 92, that's all Hawaii offer's. It started up w/no problems, and ran great. Drove it around a bit to get rid of the remainding 87 octane, then upped it to Lvl 3, and lvl 3 is for me. But when I got to my stop, I went to reverse into my stall and the truck died out cause rpm's to low 150-300. So I decided to pull forward in to the stall in front of me so I won't hold up traffic. It took me 4 tries to do it, the last try, I had to rev the truck from P to R to N and finally D, and jerk my way forward, (lookin like an A$$ ). So I put the edge back to stock and same thing, it rev's to low, still 150-300 for about 3 sec and dies out. I tried to up my rpm's on the tuner but all lvl's only allow up to 350, and that's not enough. Hopefully someone can us.
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having that exact problem right now it’s making my truck un drivable. It used to happen around twice a day and now it happens every single time I come to a stop. It started happening everytime when I switched it to the other levels to try and fix it. Also when I try to start it back up it cranks but doesn’t start for like 10 seconds or so and then smells like fuel

Last edited by Jakob Lee; 02-06-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:32 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
That member hasn't logged in for almost 8 years, so I doubt you will get a response.

Quick Reply: Edge Help! Idle rpm's?