The group buy wait is killing me...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't blame me, I got my papers on 10/10 and still haven't filled 'em out. It's next on my list.

SL

Old 11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just some quick FYI to help understand how this works...........

Actually, this Group Buy is happening considerably faster than the last one, and right now we are at, from the time we actually get the info (CPW's) back from our customers, 19-20 business days to the time we have that tuning done and are ready to actually ship it out - and that is the ONLY time period we have any control over - so that is the reality on timeframes, and nobody is waiting an inordinate amount of time at this point.

One of the keys is, of course, to get your CPW's back in as quickly as possible, as that is when your time starts, it's from the time you get your info to us - and there are a number of people who wait 5 days, 10 days, and longer to get that info back to us.

Now all of that being said, yes, of COURSE we understand you want it NOW - I know, I know!! We want you to have it NOW, too! We're going as fast as we can (pant, pant).................

A couple of points to help make things go faster - please make sure to include BOTH your gear ratio AND your tire size when you change tire size OR gear ratio and thus need a speedo recalibration, as we have to know BOTH of those - not just one. For example, writing on the CPW's that you have "Stock" gears with a different size tire brings everything to a halt, as then we have to stop - contact the customer - have them get their gear ratio info - and *then* we can get back to their tuning. That is how the speedo calibrations working these FoMoCo's. It's a "switch" we have to turn on to enable that area, and when we do that, we must have BOTH the correct gear ratio and the correct tire size.

Another point is, just as we told everyone last time, please don't assume that because someone else says they sent their sheets in on a certain date and got their tuning in an a certain date that because your sheets were sent in 1 day later that your tuning is going to arrive one day later - not only are there days when we get *dozens* of sets of CPW's (and NOBODY can properly tune dozens of these vehicles in one day), but also, you do not all live on the same street, my friends - not even in the same state - so shipping times are different, in addition to the fact that nobody can tune DOZENS of vehicles *properly* in one day - we take whatever time is needed to do each tune properly, we will not compromise that and trust me, on these Group Buys we get people who send us some "screwy" combos that takes a lot of time - it's also when we see really rare codes, and just about everything else Murphy's Law can throw at us - it's really just the nature of the beast when we do Group Buys on our custom tuning!

I hope that gives you a little bit better idea on all of this, I hope that info helps a bit gang, and anyone who has any questions on their individual order please feel free to call, OK?

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Two or three weeks aint nothing guys. I haven't seen my truck since early JULY. Mike is supposed to be recieving motor real soon, so if truck is running in two weeks, I won't know how to act I am gladly waiting my turn .

Old 11-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Well I sent in my CPW's 19 days ago... hope to be getting something in soon.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Mike!

Exactly what i was looking for. Hmm.....just a week or so away.....

Old 11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks Mike for the info and reassurance. I just faxed my sheets in yesterday so Im cool with the wait..

Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
It's now been about 24 business days since I faxed my forms back in... Hopefully I get an email this week!

-Brian

Old 11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by 02XLT
It's now been about 24 business days since I faxed my forms back in... Hopefully I get an email this week!

-Brian
I'm sitting right at 20. Starting to get all jittery now.
Hope it is here by next Friday so I'll have it for my hunting trip.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 PM
any day now right?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02XLT
any day now right?
Im pushing almost 5 weeks and nothing yet

Ugh this wait is killing me. It wouldnt be so bad but when i paid for a it 4.5 weeks ago

Old 11-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I just got mine today and the AF1 I am gonna start datalogging this weekend

Old 11-15-2006, 10:08 PM
You do get an email with tracking number when it finally ships right?

-Brian

Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Maybe this week??

Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 PM
faxing tommorrow,im in no hurry...winter will be here before excal will...lol

Old 11-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by 04 F-150
I just got mine today and the AF1 I am gonna start datalogging this weekend

How long since you sent your paperwork in? Mine was sent 25 business days (5 weeks) ago. I hope to have it before TP closes for Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply: The group buy wait is killing me...anyone else?