xcal2 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xcal2 question

sorry everybody, don't know if this is posted anywhere...

I know you can set your truck to it's default setup with the Xcal2, but is it still possible for a dealer to detect any modifications and void the warranty.

I was told that dealers if they wanted could check how many times the ignition was started and if they see it was at 0 on a year old truck (obviously reset) they could void the warranty.

makes sense to me. Would they actually check? could you just start your car a few hundred times after the reset (probably)? OR does the Xcal even go as far as resetting the ignition startup count?

thanks

Old 10-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never heard of that before, and it doesn’t sound doable to me; the dealer can’t tell

Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
all they should be able to tell is that the vehicle has been reset recently. u could do same thing by taking batter cable off. i dont see how they could prove its been modded. not like i worry bout it anyway, they look under my hood and if they have any sense of what a L is they will know im modded lol

Old 10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Tone,

First, just disconnecting the battery clears KAM (keep alive memory) in the PCM.

The XCalibrator 2 does not leave any tell-tale behind when you got back to stock like some other units do - and the P1000 code that results from flashing the PCM for a short period of time when returning your vehicle back to stock goes away pretty quickly in most cases, and would be there, as Mickey correctly pointed out in his post, if you just disconnected the battery for a second or two - all that code means is that power to the PCM has been interrupted, and that is *not* going to void your warranty.

For more info on your rights in this regard, you might want to drop by www.sema.org and review the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - these are the people (SEMA) we can largely thank for the right do do modifications to our vehicles and still have the warranty remain intact in many cases - the exception to that is if a modification you have done can be shown to have actually caused a failure as a result of that modification.

With the XCalibrator 2 you have the ability to go back to stock at any time, which we do recommend before having it serviced whether you are under warranty or not, as well as change between the 3 different performance tunes that we set it up with. And with our tuning installed, it will not show the P1000 code from a PCM flash any more, as recently that is something that we have been able to turn off on most vehicles.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to answer any questions, ok?

Thanks for your post, & good luck!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the update. I asked in another thread how (or if) a customer with the 3.25 AF1 and Xcal2 would be able to go back to the factory settings for this very reason.

Can you please elaborate on how this is accomplished or if you have to put your stock intake back on before taking the truck in for warranty work?

Thanks,

KR-Texas

Quick Reply: xcal2 question