Another XCal2 Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another XCal2 Group Buy?

Hi All,

I am a newbie to the F150 Online Forums. I have had my '05 SCAB since October and I have been suffering from the throttle lag that many of you have described and it has been DRIVING ME NUTS! Before I found the forum I replaced the stock air intake with with a K&N FIPK to try and improve the throttle response...of course it didn't work. So after reading all the posts in this section I'm really interested in using an XCal2 to try and get rid of the lag.

I realize Mike Troyer had set you guys up with a group buy. Mike, any chance that you'll set up another group buy any time soon?

Thanks,

Dano

Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Call Mike Troyer and you will get a quicker answer!!Anyway members of this website get a discount if they ask!

Old 05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks TSDan,

Unfortunately by the time I get home from work, TP is closed. Was hoping to hear from him this weekend but I will try to call him on Monday.

Dano

Old 05-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Dano,

Thanks for your interest!

At this time, I don't think we'll do that again - that has been done only once in history that I know of (meaning running a Group Buy on *custom* tuning), and I just don't see us doing that again anytime soon, if ever, due to the long wait times that some people had, and the fact that our cost on the raw hardware has just gone up considerably. Now of course, the wait times some people had was also due in part to the fact that we were remodeling & moving into a new shop at that same time, and that gave us tremendous headaches, we finally got into the shop 6 months behind when we originally anticipated we would have originally - these things happen of course, but I just hate to see people wait any longer than is necessary.

However, not to worry - we provide a special discount to all members of F-150 Online every day, so you can get a great price right now.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks -- I figured that but I thought I would try anyway.

I called today and talked to Crystal. She e-mailed me the worksheets this morning. I faxed them back tonight, as soon as I got home from work...so I am patiently waiting (on the edge of my seat).

Dano

Old 05-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Mike,

If you remember one of my posts about telling my boss about the XCal II and its many advantages, he has been asking questions! That is the first step to when a person finally decides to get one!

I'll keep you posted

Old 05-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a buddy of mine out for a little drive... That may have been all it took. Have to see if he's ordered it yet...

Old 05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Very nice. I can only imagine a 5.4L with XCal II

I noticed in your gallery that you have a SISO Magnaflow....exactly what I want ROFL

Do you like or would you rather have a dual exhaust? If you want to, can you give up some details?

Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Krohbar
I took a buddy of mine out for a little drive... That may have been all it took. Have to see if he's ordered it yet...
Hey Krohbar can I get a ride? I ordered mine and can't wait! Is your picture from the parking garage at Eppley?

Dano

Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Dano,

Nice to see yet ANOTHER Nebraksan here. If you'd like, check out the Midwest thread located in "the basement" of this website. Trying to get members for a meet & greet.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danoshere
Hey Krohbar can I get a ride? I ordered mine and can't wait! Is your picture from the parking garage at Eppley?

Dano
Either a ride, or we can meet and run 'em down the street somewhere!

That's the top of the FNB Parkway garage 144th & Dodge.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by beowulf
Nice to see yet ANOTHER Nebraksan here. If you'd like, check out the Midwest thread located in "the basement" of this website. Trying to get members for a meet & greet.

Did and posted

Dano

Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Krohbar
Either a ride, or we can meet and run 'em down the street somewhere!
Until I get my XCalII and get it set up correctly I am sure you'd smoke me! It's on order...only about 5 or 6 weeks to go!

Dano

Old 05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
what kind of wait are we having on the xcalII?? also say i went out and bought a f250 with a V-10 could i reprogram it for that????

Old 05-28-2006, 03:31 AM
they are running about 5-6 weeks from initial phonecall & worksheet return to shipment, but are going to be leveling out soon and returning to a 2-3 week turn around from what i've read from mike's posts... and yes, with a phonecall to troyer, they could reprogram the xc2 to work on your f250.

Quick Reply: Another XCal2 Group Buy?