adjusting shift pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:04 PM
gp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjusting shift pressure

when adjusting the shift pressure do i assume that when you go to do this that the numbers on the tuner are the original settings that is put on by the dealer?so if it says the pressure is 0 then you can only go so far and then the tuner says thats all.in my case it was 25 percent over the original setting.now,if you had a harder setting to begin with would you still be able to set it 25 percent firmer or is there a limit to how firm we can make it.and mike if you see this i talked to your wife today and she said you were actually working so we didnt bother you.you think putting in a dyno is tuff try building a brick yard.and i can adjust the shift pressure but thought i needed to call be fore doing it and now it shifts alot better.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Gil,

First - the shift pressure adjustment (or any other adjustment) CANNOT be made to your stock tune using the XCal 2's on-board adjustment capability - you can only make that adjustment on a *tuned* file. So you would be making changes to what *we* have already put into each of your tunes -

Now from *that*, you have a +/- 25% adjustment range, which is rather large. Meaning you can reduce shifting pressure by up to 25%, or you can dial in up to 25% *greater* shifting pressure - again, these adjustments are being made to what we have already changed, not to your *stock* tuning.

Good luck!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:42 PM
gp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats kinda what i figured but like you said,ask us first if you dont know.i set it at10% more on each gear and its perfect.glad to see the dyno is in and look forward to the big open day party.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Gil,

Absolutely, & thanks for checking first!

Yes, the dyno is up & running, though we still have a lot of work to do to get the shop even ready for just a Dyno Day - phew!!! It's a real grind, but then, if it was easy, anyone could do it.

We'll be making an announcement here for everyone for the date of the next Dyno Day - and if anyone wants to be notified by email, they can just drop us a quick email to sales@troyerperformance.com and we'll let them know that way - like for those who don't get by here frequently and thus might not see that post, etc.

Talk to you soon!

Quick Reply: adjusting shift pressure