What else can I do!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What else can I do!!

New to this forum, looking for ideas. I have a 2005 F150 Lariat Super Crew That a very sweet truck. I have Moto Metal 951 wheels on it with Pro Comp's new Extreme AT 325-60-18 tires on it w/ a leveling kit. This truck looks awesome and I want to make it run awesome. I've install an AFE intake system on it, a Diablo Predetor Sport program in it and have a cat back dual SS exhaust system on it. It's a 4X4 and is pulling 0 to 60 MPH in 10 seconds. My question is, WHATS NEXT???

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you have a nice truck there!

One thing I should point out first is that *IF* you have the 5.4 3V engine, about any 2004 & up 5.4 3V F-150 4x4 can run 10-second 0-60 times right off the showroom floor. For example, a SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 3V with those size tires on it with our Stage 1 kit (which is our custom tuning, our intake & cat-back exhaust) would usually be hitting 8-something second 0-60 times, just as a general average. Now keep in mind, this is for the 5.4 3V engine F-150's.

Now if you have the 4.6 engine instead, then that's a different story, as then you are starting off with 70 less HP, so this has to be taken with the proper perspective, and I don't know which engine you have - what are great times for a 4.6 F-150 would not be great times for a 5.4 3V, but the basic modification path is about the same.

However, overall, a lot of 2004 & up F-150's run leaner than they should regardless of what engine they have - it seems that somewhere around 25-30% of the bone-stock 2004 & up 5.4 3V's we've dyno'd run lean like that, while almost all of the 2005 & up 4.6's we've dyno'd do that (meaning run too lean for best power). In today's 2004 & up F-150's, they are significantly more complicated trucks, so they need much more sophisticated tuning, and by that, I mean proper *custom* tuning, to get what the vehicle is capable of from it and to insure the engine is running safely - you cannot count on not having lights flashing on the dash to mean you are OK. So if you have the 5.4 3V and are running those kinds of times, chances are you have tuning issues that need correcting. The bottom line is, the tuning is by far the single most important aspect, and the A/F's need to be right before you can get proper power from them.

Now let's get to to talking in terms of what other mods you can do................

The best thing to do is to simply give us a call at our number listed below, as we have specialized in F-150 performance for 14+ years and can take any F-150 just as far as it's owner wants to go - literally. After *proper* tuning, intake & cat-back exhaust mods, then just generally speaking, next up on the bang-for-the-buck list would come things like our electric fan conversion kit and underdrive pulley set, as that will add another 20-25 HP at the rear wheels and also improve fuel mileage at the same time. Then there are headers (shorty or long-tube, and high-flow cats), ignition system upgrades, superchargers, ported cylinder heads, and on and on - the sky's the limit when you want more performance in these trucks. It's really a matter of what the vehicle owner can afford to spend and just how fast they want their F-150 to be - we have some of our customers driving rip-snorting 800+HP monsters, and others driving milder 300 Hp trucks that they are very happy with, it's all in what you want and what you feel you can afford, is the real bottom line.

The first thing to do is to have a proper consultation with a late-model F-150 performance expert, so we tell people that it's best to give us a call so we can discuss everything from what mods to the exact vehicle configuration, what it's doing now, what your goals are, how you use your vehicle, what you'd like to be able to do, etc., so that we can make the proper recommendations as to *precisely* what will be best for *you* to do next on your truck. That's important to discuss in some detail, as this varies quite a bit for a lot of people.

The bottom line is getting solid advice from those with real knowledge of this F-150 platform, it's limitations and ramifications of various types of modifications, so you get the very best for your performance dollar and don't create unexpected problems for your vehicle. that is what we are known for, and have been doing for the F-150 for many years, so the majority of people here usually come to us sooner or later for us to help them with their performance needs.

I hope this brief info helps you, & we hope to hear from you at some point - our contact info is listed below.

Thanks for your post, & best of luck with your truck!