Af1 ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Af1 ??

This may be the wrong tread, but I'll give it a whirl anyhow.

Does an AF1 intake kit come with a MAF sensor or do you use the stock one that you already have.

The reason I ask is that there is a business on e-bay selling a new in the box AF1 and the descrip says that it comes with anew MAf. Just wondering if that is the way they come from AF1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by fast636
This may be the wrong tread, but I'll give it a whirl anyhow.

Does an AF1 intake kit come with a MAF sensor or do you use the stock one that you already have.

The reason I ask is that there is a business on e-bay selling a new in the box AF1 and the descrip says that it comes with anew MAf. Just wondering if that is the way they come from AF1.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You have to use the stock MAF

Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, this IS is in the wrong thread, but because the MAF part does affect tuning needs, I will respond, as this is very important.

No AF1 kit has EVER come with a new MAF meter, nor requires a new MAF - period. Not once has Air Force One ever designed or shipped them that way from the factory.

So whoever that is is doing something bogus in terms of their marketing, trying to make you think you are getting something more for your money - and something you do not need on any model year of F-150 UNLESS you have maybe added a whopping 150-200 Hp or so and are actually peaking the stock MAF meter - in which case, you MUST have completely new custom tuning and datalogging, which starts with a detailed consultation with the vehicle owner to determine just what is actually required to begin with - you don't *ever* just buy an intake kit for an F-150 with a different MAF meter and bolt it on, that can potentially cause BIG problems.

Given that we here at Troyer Performance do most of AF1's R&D and are by far their largest distributor (to the point that without us they would not be in business over the past few years), I can tell you that NO AF1 kit requires a new MAF, nor should you purchase any new MAF without FIRST having a proper consultation with a professional F-150 tuner - in other words, call us before doing anything like that, as we tune more F-150's and know more about their tuning and the AF1 intake kit than anyone else for this platform.

Just remember that if you change to a different MAF meter than what came on your vehicle from the factory, you MUST have custom tuning done along with complete and thorough datalogging to include A/F ratios, as the different MAF will in fact throw the basic engine loading, and thus it's spar advance and A/F ratios WAY off - usually resulting in an engine that is getting far too much spark advance and not nearly enough fuel - a potential recipe for disaster and engine damage.

Now I cannot tell you exactly what these people you mention are actually doing, and I do NOT mean to throw a scare story at you - but there is no way I would purchase an AF1 just because they claim they are "giving" you a new MAF meter - anyone with any actual *knowledge* of these vehicles (or MAF vehicles in general) knows that you NEVER change the MAF without full datalogging and custom tuning to ensure proper ands safe engine operating conditions.

If you want to know the *truth* about any of the AF1 kits, what really is and is not required or appropriate for your specific vehicle, etc., the hot tip is to give us a call at our number listed below - and as a registered member of F-150 Online, you get special pricing on any AF1 kits anyway, so I would suggest giving us a call before making your decision.

Thanks for asking, as it's an important question once you add the MAF into the equation that *does* pertain to tuning - and best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they are referring to the MAF adaptor?

Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
It was a typo, it includes the maf adaptor not the sensor. How much do these kits cost through troyer? What are their hours so I can call.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:52 AM
info

Originally Posted by fast636
It was a typo, it includes the maf adaptor not the sensor. How much do these kits cost through troyer? What are their hours so I can call.
www.troyerperformance.com
540-862-9515

Quick Reply: Af1 ??