Superchip Installed...question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Superchip Installed...question?

I have had my superchip sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed for about a week now...waiting to burn out the rest of my 87 octane gas. I finally got it installed today. I have to admit that I was a little nervous at first about the installation, but that was the easiest aftermarket install that I have done yet. Truck fired up on the very first try.

Immediately I loved the results. I can't wait to drive more than just around the block tomorrow. Thanks Mike...you are the man.

My question however, is about fuel additives. What to you all think about the "over the counter" octane boosters?

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road, Extended Cab, Lariat, Flareside, white/tan, tan leather, 4.6, 3.55

Duraliner bedliner, Husky floormats, Custom seatcovers (I only cover the leather when I'm really dirty, though), Premier single-lid toolbox

285/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's, 16x8 American Racing Python Aluminum Wheels, Torsion Bars up 1", SuperChiped, Gibson 2.5" split-rear exit cat-back exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Rancho RS9000's

http://ocu-stars.okcu.edu/cvenable.stu/index.htm#b
(new pics to come soon)

Old 06-25-2001, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi lovemy4x4,

Sorry you had to wait for a response, I must have missed your post, oops!

In general, we're not fans of any kind of off the shelf fuel additives or any octane boosters. Good quality gasoline has detergent additives, so you shouldn't need to add anything more to-day basis. Perhaps once every 6-12 months you want to maybe run some fuel injector cleaner thru there if you like, but that's about all we do.

You probably already know this, but do make sure to change your fuel filter at least every 20K miles as well.

Glad to hear your Superchip installation went smoothly, & have fun!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Superchip Installed...question?