wait time for chip

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wait time for chip

Just curious as to the average wait time from the time everyone ordered until it acutally showed up. days? weeks? I have never purchased one before but I understand it is a specialty product based on your individual code.

Old 06-13-2001, 05:58 PM
I ordered mine on a Monday morning, and it arrived Tuesday morning at 9:00 am. I ordered the Superchip and the Air Force One at the same time from Mike Troyer and they both came in the same box. I paid a little more for the overnite delivery, but you don't have to do that.

------------------
2000 XLT Sport Pkg 5.4l
Oxford White Super Cab
Duals Flo-Pro Twisters
17" BFG Radial Long Trail
Superchip
Air Force One FIPK
Ford Bug Deflector
Tinted Windows
Black Westin Nerf Bars

Old 06-13-2001, 06:03 PM
2winturbo,

I believe the company actually stocks chips for the most common codes -- in these cases the turnaround time is usually very quick (two days for mine). The only time it typically takes longer than that is if you have a unique code or if you require a special program given the mods you have (eg. Headers, after-market supercharger, etc).

Hope this helps...

Old 06-13-2001, 11:43 PM
Thumbs up

I paid for 2-day air and got mine in, 2 days!

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

Old 06-14-2001, 01:31 AM
Talking

If your wound up and want it quick, order UPS Red. I have an uncommon computer code ( California ) and Mike still got me mine in 4 days. He even called me to see if I wanted a Sat. delivery. It's all about how much you want to spend for shipping! My opinion: even if you have to wait a month it's worth it!

------------------
2001 5.4 S Cab Lariat
ORP / 3.55 L/S
Class 3 Tow Package

Gibson SweptSide
K&N Gen 2 FIPK
Superchip FLIP CHIP
LoJack
Stock HU w/ Profile CL440 Amp
Infinity Kappas Front/Infinity Reference Rears. Sub is under construction!

Old 06-14-2001, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 2winturbo,

I'm sure you're looking for feedback from customers to get their responses, but I thought I'd just make a quick comment or 3, if you don't mind...........

Basically, what everyone is saying is right on the money, it's usually just a matter of when you place the order, and then how quickly you want us to ship it.

We have the vast majority of the thousands of different computer codes for these vehicles already done, and in those cases, the Superchip can ship the same day if the order is received by about 3-4 pm Eastern time by phone, or by 11 am if placed in our online ordering system here on F-150 Online, the link to get there is just below in my signature line.

We ship every day Monday thru Friday, inclusive. There are no shipments leaving here on Saturday or Sunday of course.

Worst case, if you have a code we don't have yet, it's usually just a matter of a few working days for us to get that program done and then ship it out to you.

All in all, it happens pretty quickly.

If you'd like to go over the specifics for your vehicle, etc., please feel free to give us a call, we're here M-F from 10am to 7pm, Eastern time, with 24 hr. voicemail as well.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: wait time for chip