Hey Mike Q on extreme chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hey Mike Q on extreme chip

Hey Mike,
I have the regular superchip got it your longwood store.
I have been very happy with it.
I have it in my 2000 F150 4x4, 5.4 .

I just read an advertisement in 4 wheeler about your exterme chip that boosts hp up an extra 110 if I remember right.
It also said other mods may be nescesary.
Can you tell me more about this chip?
What other mods are needed?
Can I get my current chip upgraded?

Thanks,
Jim T.
Or,Fl

Old 04-27-2001, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jim,

First, just in case you might not know, I should point out that is not actually "our" store there in Longwood, that is the Superchips Inc. development facility here in America owned by them, and they have similar facilities over in Bletchley, England, at their world headquarters.

We are a separate company, Performance Products Inc., that serves as the National Distributor for the Superchips product line.

We have from time to time made arrangements for some of our customers to pick up their Superchips directly from the manufacturer's facility there in Longwood. That way they can still take advantage of our F-150 Online discount, and have a pick-up location convenient to them if they happen to be in the Orlando, Florida area.

Now, to answer your questions!

What you saw is *ONLY* for the Ford Powerstroke turbocharged diesel engine, that does not apply to any other engine, so there is no "Offroad" or "Extreme" program for the F-150. The reason there are multiple power levels for the Powerstroke diesel engine is because it is a *turbocharged* engine that boost can be set to different levels on, to get the customer the desired power. However, anything other than the "standard" Superchip program for the Powerstroke diesel (which already adds 60 horsepower and 115 lbs./ft. of torque!) will require several modifications, will not be emissions certified, and will cause fuel mileage to go right into the toilet. Those Offroad & Extreme PSD Superchip programs are designed for *racers*, not for street use. They require a 4" exhaust all the way back, including twin 4" stainless steel downtubes, an airbox elimination kit, and an exhaust gas temperature gauge.

With your normally-aspirated gasoline engine F-150, there is no way to get more power from powertrain programming changes beyond what you're already getting in your current Superchip, unless you get a custom program designed for 98-100+ octane racing gas. You're already getting all the additional power that can be made on pump premium gas.

The Superchip for the F-150 cannot ever be made to work on any V-10 gas engine or the Ford Powerstroke diesel, they take different type of Superchip module. So while your present F-150 Superchip is a flash design that can always be reprogrammed, it will not ever work on a PSD or V-10.

Sorry to disappoint you.

If we could add 100 horsepower or more to an F-150 gas engine by powertrain programming, we'd probably be seeing 13-second F-150's all over these message boards & Neal the HP Freak would shoot me for holding out on him!

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Hey Mike Q on extreme chip