Attn: Mike T.. need help with chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Attn: Mike T.. need help with chip

Mike,

I just traded my F150 in on a 01 Cobra. I bought a chip from you back in December for it.. Can I get my chip reprogrammed for the Cobra? Has Superchips come out with a new program for the 01 Cobra? If they have do you have numbers on HP/TQ gains.

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2001, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi bburk,

Excellent, congratulations!

The answer is yes, and no.

Yes, in that your existing Superchip for that F-150 should be reprogrammable for any other Ford except Powerstroke diesels & V-10 gas engines.

No, in that we have not yet had access to a 2001 Cobra to get it in on the dyno, so we do not yet have a program ready for public release.

Should anyone happen to own a 2001 Cobra and can be in the Orlando, Florida area, we'll be happy to set up the R&D session with Superchips.

This is how the R&D for new vehicles gets done, by having access to the vehicles at the Superchips development facility. It's of course a long shot to hope that you would just happen to either live in, near, or be able to get that vehicle to the Orlando area, but for anyone who can, we will do all of this work free to the first one to get into the facility. Anyone who can do that should contact us here at Performance, & we'll make the arrangements.

In the meantime, for you bburk, I would suggest shooting us a quick email, just something brief saying you need the Superchip reprogrammed for the 2001 Cobra, and then we'll keep that on file & let you know via return email the minute the 2001 Cobra program becomes available.

Sorry we couldn't help you immediately, but it shouldn't be too long, as someone with a Cobra usually gets one into the facility fairly soon.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 04-20-2001, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hey Mike,
I only live a couple of hours from Orlando, does that mean I can go in person and buy a chip for my F-150?

Old 04-22-2001, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 911,

Yes, it sure does, but we'd suggest that you actually buy it from us here at Performance Products so you get our F-150 Online discount, and then we'll just arrange for you to be able to pick it up there in person, like you want. You see, if you actually purchase it directly from Superchips, you'll have to pay them full retail price, so you'll want to give *us* a call here at Performance Products to get our F-150 Online discount & we'll make those arrangements for you. That way you get our F-150 Online discount and can just pick it up right there in person, just like you want.

We used to be able to send people there and have Superchips even do the installation there for you while you wait, but they can no longer do that, they're just far too busy to do individual installations these days.

We can easily arrange for you to be able to pick it up there in person, no problem, just give us a call at our number listed below & we'll make all the arrangements for you.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Attn: Mike T.. need help with chip