DiabloSport tuning software?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DiabloSport tuning software?

Below is taken from the Diablo site:

"The DiabloSport tuning software will enable the user to custom tailor the DiabloChip profile for its individual use, such as performance driving, towing and aftermarket accessories. The software is Windows 98 compatible and very user friendly."

Dynojet makes a device called a Power Commander for motorcycles that allows you to adjust fuel and timing maps that I've had good results with on my RC51.

Anyone with the Diablo tried using the software or is it for dealers only?

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat
ordered 2/22 - to be built 4/2
No ETA
2000 Suburban LT
2000 Honda RC51
1999 Mustang GT Convertible

Old 03-24-2001, 09:16 PM
I did some reserch before I got a chip,(am awaiting a superchip to try)The Diablo software will be for dealers only, and is far from being complete. as it stands, what they wanted to accomplish was to allow dealers to download standard programs onto blank chips using a credit system. I am using a Diablo chip now and am awaiting a Superchips, to compare.

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT S-CAB 4.6 "the full ride"
96 Taurus GL
93 Kenne-Bell Supercharged Mustang
"Injection is nice, but I perfer being blown!"

Old 03-25-2001, 11:13 AM
jstang,

Keep us up to date on the comparison. I have 2 Fords that I plan to get chips for eventually though I would prefer a Programmer like for my Chevy. How does the cost compare between the two?

------------------
No ETA
2000 Suburban LT
2000 Honda RC51

Old 03-25-2001, 07:20 PM
So if this is going to be a dealer only item, how is this different from what Superchips can do right now?
Im not trying to make anyone mad but it sounds like Diablo is playing "cath-up" to Superchips.

------------------

*WE WANT TO RACE THE TRUCK....PEOPLE LOVE THE TRUCK*

99 F 150 4x4.ORP,S/B 4.6 4.10 gears, Gibson 3" cat back. K&N filter. Superchip

Other Toy: 1964 Falcon, 300 H.P. 306,(soon to be 347)TopLoader 4 spd. 9"Detriot Locker rear end with 3.91's

Old 03-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Banned For
Violating Vendor Rules
jarrettruelz88,
You're thinking of something different. DiabloSport has come out with software which allows dealers to download already-made programs and put them into "blank" computer chips. This has been available all along.
The other software that they're coming out with is nothing like what Superchips has or offers. It's more along the lines of the autologic software but it's much broader. It will work on most all Ford vehicles. It's not as limited to the type of vehicles as the autologic software is.
They may be playing catch-up right now, but it doesn't look like it's going to be long until they pass them.

Old 03-25-2001, 11:31 PM
supercrewmark
Don't bother with the hypertech programmer for the ford, it doesn't allow for selective downloads, its all their program or none, and it cost $150.00 more than a chip. All it will do is allow you to remove the program via the connector.I would save the cash and get a chip.While the Diablo tuning software sounds like a good idea,however on these newer trucks, the computer controls just about everything. I mean to raise the tranny line pressure on my Mustang I adjust a cable, to see how timing changes will affect performance at a certian rpm, I can turn the distrubtor, to play with fuel delivery, I could adjust fuel pressure. Now some of these systems are EEC controlled, and with a non feed back fuel system changing fuel pressure will be a bitch!!, fuel delivery should really be adjusted by changing injector pluse timing, I suppose you could get one of those adjustable timing crank triggers, they cost $200.00. If you have a stock truck, the amonut of effort to get an increase in power would require more time to test it out, playing with all the variables to get it to work,than it would be worth!I mean you would have to know where to add timing or take it out, where to add fuel and remove some, and try different combinations at different rpms, then calciulate the changes in fuel pressures to percentages, and convert that figure into pluse times. why go through that when you can just order a chip? it'll be as close as you'll ever get without a dyno, Oh figure in dyno time at $100. per hour, and now the user base tuning software isn't as good a deal.If you had a supercharger or nitrous, you had better be right on the money with your calibrations, or you'll have 8 new aluminum ashtrays for the garage. I tuned my car by starting with some baseline programs, and adjusted fuel and timing at set rpms that the EEC used. it took along time,I enjoyed the experiance, however I would never do it again, it's off to a dyno and let someone else do it will all the equipment. Bottom line most of us don't have the knowledge to safely play with it.and if we did, it wouldn't be worth it for the average joe.

------------------
96 Taurus GL

Old 03-26-2001, 12:34 AM
Banned For
Violating Vendor Rules
From what I understand, the programming software is suppose to become available by May 17. The software will allow adjustments for fuel, timing, shift points (rpms & firmness), rev limiter, speed limiter, A/F ratio, gear changes and much more. Unfortunately, it will only be available for DiabloSport dealers. But, there is also rumor that they will release a "user" version that will allow you and me to do some tuning. However I don't believe that we will have the same amount of full control. I think we will only have a certain size "window" to be able to make
adjustments. Obviously, if the "full" version software got into someones hands that doesn't know what timing can do to a motor that wouldn't be good.

Old 03-26-2001, 12:47 AM
jstang,

I hear ya. I wouldn't go through all that for a daily driver for sure. My Mustang maybe, because I'm playing with it and don't really know how far I'm going to go with performance mods. On my motorcycle, I do like to program the FI (sure is better than rejetting carbs) and the gains/losses in performance and driviblity are much more noticable on the bike. And it's just the fuel and ignition mapping. The baseline is the stock program and you adjust +/- from there. As for the Programmer vs. Chip, if the Programmer did allow more control I'd pay the extra. Even if they did the exact same thing, I like the idea of not opening the computer up with the way some dealers are about warranty work. I've run into problems with the Mustang already where they wanted me to go back stock before they'd even look at the problem. Anyway, let me know how the Superchips vs. Diablo test go. I'm willing to give either a try (leaning Diablo) in my Mustang (don't know that I'm going to do anything in the SCrew) and your info will help in that area.

------------------
No ETA
2000 Suburban LT
2000 Honda RC51

Old 03-26-2001, 08:38 AM
It will be a whole lot cheaper if you develop some type of plan for the mustang, and I would chip it last, to save money.So you won't have to get it re-cal'ed for other changes, bigger injectors, maf, or a power adder.

------------------
96 Taurus GL

Quick Reply: DiabloSport tuning software?