Future mods with chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-1999, 12:38 AM
OJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Future mods with chip

Everything I'm reading about Superchips is great, but I would like to know about future mods with the chip installed. Does it need to be reprogrammed with each new mod? I have a 99F150 with a 5.4 with a K&N filter and Flowmaster custom dual exhaust already installed. I want to add some type of supercharger in the future but I would like to go ahead and purchase a chip now.

Old 08-31-1999, 12:52 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear OJ,

The design of the Superchip allows you to do exactly that, add any type of modification you want later, and you can always have your Superchip updated, for a small custom programming fee, if one or more of your modifications are of the type that requires a custom program adjustment. This protects your investment in the Superchip.

There are several F-150online members who have done this same thing, installed a Superchip and then installed a supercharger. And they did the same thing, just sent in their Superchips for an update to accomodate the supercharger.

So this is easy to do, and exactly what the Superchip was designed to accomodate on these Fords.

Just so you know, mods like a K&N air filter, or using one of the airbox elimination kits, exhaust changes, etc., are all compatible with the "standard" Superchip. It's generally only when you do major mechanical changes that you need an adjustment to your program, things like superchargers, ported cylinder heads, camshaft changes, etc.

And by the way, welcome to F150online!
------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 08-30-1999).]

Old 09-01-1999, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about Nitrous?

Quick Reply: Future mods with chip