HyperTech vs. Superchip

Old 11-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Hoseclamp,

>>>Heheh, I think I should of done a weee bit more research before.......... <<<

Not at all - it's part of the human condition. You should see just how bad *I* can stick my foot in my mouth - with as passionate as I am about what we do, it seems like every few months or so (if not more often) I have to apologize profusely to someone I've managed to royally offend.

Not to worry, we just hope you have fun hanging out here with the rest of us mere mortals!

Enjoy your weekend,

Old 11-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech vs. Superchip

Hi Mike:
I'm the one who started this long thread with my question (empirical, real world) as to which users found better - Hypertech or Superchip . . .
You sold me a superchip module for my F-150 about 3 1/2 years ago and as I stated at the top of this post, it's "ok" (not great, but not bad).
My question to you is: If someone were to puchase the tuner, can it be utilized with an existing superchip module, OR does the OEM board need to go back into place for tuning?

Also, what are the torque/HP gains to be had with a tuner vs. one of your chips (modules)?

Thanks very much for your time - look forward to your reply and the barrage to follow.

zorjax

Old 11-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Zorjax,

You're right, this was your thread - sorry it got "hijacked" a bit!

Your questions are the same basic questions that everyone asks, so they have been asked & answered here literally hundreds, if not thousands of times before. Just so you'll know for future reference, use the search feature first anytime you want answers, as there is virtually nothing you can ask that we haven't covered here before hundreds, if not thousands of of times - that helps us not type the exact same thing hundreds of time, too.

Just briefly..........

There is no inherent different between the tuning in the Micro Tuner versus what's in the traditional Superchip module - however, the Micro Tuner is generally the way to go as you get 3 different performance programs to cover any octane level from 87 to 94, for towing or daily driving or even the drag strip - it's additional features & flexibility (speedo corrections, complete control over shift characteristics, built-in OBD-II code scanner, etc., etc.) can't be beat.

And no, you *cannot* use 2 tuning products at the same time like that - you can't use a Superchip *and* a Micro Tuner, for example - it's either/or, not both.

You can read up on the 3 different Superchips products you can use on these vehicles at our web site, here's the link: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...chips%3BFoMoCo

Read up on Part#'s 1100, 1300 & 1715 - there you'll see the details, power gains, etc. Now for pricing or to order, even though our site is e-commerce enabled, for Superchips products you'll definitely want to call to get the best pricing, as what we *advertise* has to meet the manufacturer's MAP (minimum advertised price) requirements - but we actually sell them for less than what you'll see listed on our web site currently by calling us.

And of course if you'd like to go over any of this in more detail, or go over anything else performance-related about your vehicle, please give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HyperTech vs. Superchip