too mike superchip

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too mike superchip

I have 2002 f150 S/C 4x4 5.4 engine with 6"liftkit and 35 tires.I'm ready to install 4:56 gears. What i need is a chip to change my shift points and change my speedo and of course a little more performance. the gear shop want me to resolve my shift point and speedo problem corrected prior to installation.

Old 12-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi hmiz,

You will need to have all of that done with your changes, absolutely, but only *after* you have the gear ratio changed, as only then would it make any sense. If we corrected for the 35" tires right *now*, while using the stock gear ratio, all of that would go right out the window as soon as you installed the 4.56 gears, and would have to be done all over again.

Yes, we can take care of this for you, that's not a problem. Give us a call at our number listed below when you get a chance & we'll go over this in detail with you. We have a couple of options, either the Superchips Micro Tuner or the traditional Superchip module, and which needs to be used will depend on your current modifications as well as any potential future modifications, so we'll need to discuss that before telling you exactly which Superchip part you'll need to use.

Bottom line, this is easy to take care of, just give us a shout!

Quick Reply: too mike superchip