Scratches! What do I use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scratches! What do I use?

I have a 98 f150 with a bright red non-metallic paint job.
I like to go mudding from time to time with my friends. I got a lot of scratches a while back and used Meguire's Deep Crystal cleaner over the entire truck then came over it with a good paste wax. It seemed to work alright.
I guess I'll never learn. Peer pressure is a bitch. I went mudding the other night and my friend. I followed him in my truck and he chose to take the trail with the most branches in the world sticking out. What was I supposed to do? Hell, there were some hot girls there! I don't think I got any real deep scratches, probably just in the wax. I haven't checked it yet.
Anyway, can anybody reccommend some good products to fill them in, get rid of swirl marks, and give a really good shine? I have heard y'all talk about 'LG', 'Meguire's #9', 'Pro's', 'Klasse', and 'Scratch X'. What's better?
Thanks

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=782

Old 10-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi FordTruck,

Tsk Tsk, taking your truck out mud boggin then sctraching it!! I'm kidding dude Seriously though, if the sctraches are deep, Meguiars Sctrach X is really good stuff IMO. I was bailing hay out in my pasture, I drove my truck back there I and accidently rubbed up against some oak trees we have from there branches, some scratches were little and some were deep. I washed the truck that night and used Meguiars scratch X and then followed up with some Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 and for the finishing touch. I put some #26 Yellow Wax on. I took it out into the direct sunlight and wow!! I must say the each and every sctraches were gone!! I was really amazed about the shine and the protection these products gave me. I would recommend Scratch X to every body who needs there sctraches removed. Hope this helps you out.

Old 10-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Auburn university huh? My mom graduated from there

Old 10-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Use what you been using and some elbow grease and you should be able to get them out.

Old 10-20-2002, 01:29 AM
That Stratch X has me interested but FYI, here's what I do.....

I use touch up paint on the scratch......
Get some really fine sand paper and sand it down flush with the origional paint
Use some sort of mild scratch remover, I have been using GS27
Polish and go.

Quick Reply: Scratches! What do I use?