Gold Class

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gold Class

I put a good coating of Meguires gold class on my truck 2 weeks ago. This was after a paint prep with TuxShop Safe cut. This stuff kicks butt BTW if you can find it. It removes swirls, and removes oxidation and an remaining wax from the surface. After this and the gold class, my truck looked outstanding. Here is the problem. After 2 weeks, getting rained on a couple times and one hand wash with Turtle Wax ZipWash (which says on the bottle that it will not strip wax) my truck no longer beads water. I love the gold class, but surely it should last more than 2 weeks! Of course maybe I got a bunk bottle of carwash?? I am bummed, I spent over 8 hours waxing my truck and now it needs it again!!!!

CC

Old 10-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would recommend trying the Meguiars Gold Class Car wash. I've never been much of a fan of the 'ZIP' products for exactly the reason that you mentioned. Yes, I have tried them.

Using a quality car wash soap is critical to keeping the wax on the vehicle.

Good luck.

RP

Old 10-04-2002, 11:24 PM
Zip Wax will not remove wax if you dilute it to PRECISE measurements. If you have too much solution in there, wax is very gone. I have used it several times in the past.

I wish I didn't have a brand new bottle of it..... I can't just not use it After thats gone, I am getting some better stuff.

Old 10-06-2002, 12:46 AM
That was my one complaint with the Gold Class Wax it didn't seem to take much to remove it. I think the High Tech Wax does last much longer then the Gold Class Wax.

Old 10-06-2002, 01:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yhea, their gold class wax is designed to be for gloss, depth, etc. and not durability. Lots of show car people use it. Last corvette show I went to most of them had Meguiar's GC on their cars. Saw a great looking Merc the other day with GC on it. It is a good wax.

I tested it a long time ago against Klasse. GC was slightly deeper than Klasse SG but it didn' t last that long. 2 weeks sounds right.

Old 10-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Measurement

Dillution measurement is surely what did it then, I just poured some in the bucket and away I went. The Zip stuff is going in the trash and I will get some gold class wash. Thanks for the tips.

Chris

Quick Reply: Gold Class