Anything wrong with Turtle Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything wrong with Turtle Wax?

I have been reading up on auto/truck care and polishing and such and I am wondering why I never hear about Turtle Wax.

I have been using Turle Wax for years with good results. Last time I waxed a car (before getting my truck), I used thier liquid "Carnauba Car Wax" and it seemed to be a decent product, and is the same price as Meguiars "Deep Crystal" Carnauba.

Is there something wrong with it vs. the other Carnauba's out there?

Old 10-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Hi PW,

Nothing with wrong with Turtle Wax at all. However, I have used it on my truck before with good results but it didn't last very long and it was moderately hard to buff off I used Meguiars Gold Class Car wash on it and it did not strip the wax, just I don't think it's very durable. Turtle Wax IMO, is a good basic wax and it's better than no wax. I use Meguiars Professional #7 Show Car Glaze followed up with #26 Yellow Wax and I LOVE IT!!!! I have no objections with Turtle Wax.

Old 10-04-2002, 03:04 PM
IMO Turtle Wax is a good wax. I believe that some of the newer products on the market are probably better though.

Old 10-06-2002, 03:46 PM
once you get into the very very nit picky world of auto detailing (no not waxing your truck 2 times a year... having it pebble beach quality all year round) you will get into the clarity, durability, reflectivness, ease of use ect... of the waxes.

Some can be found anywhere. Some can't.

Pinnacle Souverign
Ps21/s100
Zaino
Klasse
Blackfire
ect...

For the twice a year waxer it doesn't really matter. For somone who religiously keeps their car clean it really matters alot.

Old 10-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yhea, wax is a personal choice, which is why I hate people always coming on asking, "What is the best wax!"

No one can tell you what the best wax is. We can supply you with a list of different waxes but it is then YOUR choice as to what to use.

Old 10-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. I just thought it was strange how little I hear of Turtle Wax, but it has been around forever.

I am not one of those people who demands a clean truck every day. Heck, some weeks I don't even get to wash it (Disclaimer: I always clean off harmful stuff like bird poop and similar)

I estimate that, once I get my DeWalt 443 and all my favorite substances piced out, I will polish and wax once a quarter (4 times per year). Maybe more often if required.

I have still not decided which wax and polish I want to get, I am leaning toward Meguiars, but not sure yet.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:56 PM
I too used Turtle Wax for many years and was always happy with the results. Then I saw Barry Meguiar on TV and thought I'd try his products. Wow!!! Using the 3 step process made my vehicles look better then ever. Since I have been using Meguiar's products I get more compliments then I ever did before about how good my vehicles look. Currently I use the Body Scrub twice a year. Usually Clay Bar once a year. Monthly I do the Show Car Glaze followed by High Tech Yellow Wax. And weekly, I use Quik Wax and if weather permits I will use Quik Detailer if the truck is looking dusty. I really love Meguiar's.

Quick Reply: Anything wrong with Turtle Wax?